Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

switch bulbs

tomrichardson

hello fellow cruiser nuts.
a new year and more little jobs to keep on with.
i have done a search, but to no avail so..........
can anyone tell me where to get the little grey based bulbs to go in the dash switches??
i tried autobulbsdirect.co.uk but the ones i ordered were a little too big. same fitting type etc though.
i read somewhere about soldering in some from maplins but as some of my switches have the grey holder missing i need to replace them wholesale.
failing that a genuine part no. would be a great help.
Thanks, Tom.

Tom, Maplins are the boys for the bulbs - get the yellow ones. But as for the plastic holders, I doubt that is a part that you can get anywhere on its own even from Toyota. You really need a breaker or perhaps Karl / Steff on here who may have a surplus of switches that no one ever wants that they'd sell you for the holders. I think it's a pretty common Toyota part not just from cruisers.

Chris

You know you can get the bulbs from Toyota, no soldering required?

About £5 each though Jon. The Maplins ones are 80p and don't require any soldering.

Chris

By the time you've messed about getting bases from a breaker and bulbs from Maplins you might as well just get the genuine ones though it sounds like they've gone up about 300% since I last bought some if that price is right.

Thanks guys.
I will try toyota.
They seem to be hard to source as an aftermarket part even though from what ive read on t'internet they do seem quite common.
I did look at dissecting one and soldering something in but it looked a complete nightmare re threading the bulb legs.
Maybe something to try if i have got all the holders.
Cherrs

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey Tom

Would be interesting to find out the prices you get from Mister Yotamoshi when you do :mrgreen:

Cheers

they are not exclusive to landcruisers so if you were to go into a scrapyard looking for a part and, you know, not find it, you may find that your pockets contain a few of these bulbs when you get out...gratis.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :D
callum said:
they are not exclusive to landcruisers so if you were to go into a scrapyard looking for a part and, you know, not find it, you may find that your pockets contain a few of these bulbs when you get out...gratis.

lol.lol.

Back