Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

T-Belt warning light

NuisanceFactor

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
I'm fairly sure that the timing belt on my 50th Anniversary hasn't been replaced and I don't know where it would show up :icon-redface:

Should the warning show up when you turn the ignition on? It doesn't seem to for me, could someone show me whereabouts on the dashboard it is please?

Many thanks

Barry

There should be a light on the dash when the ignition is on saying T-Belt. Nothing? Perhaps the bulb was removed?

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brian894x4.com%2FLC100InstrumentsVX.jpg

Right hand side next to the suspension setting.

I've no idea on your truck NF, but for the cost of a belt and idler I would do it anyway (and often do when buying a new car…which I haven't done for 12 years come to think of it).

I know I asked my local Toyota stealer how to reset it and they said they could reset it for £60. I worked it out or found it out and did it in two minutes. Perhaps someone took the bulb out as they couldn't reset it.

Thanks chaps, Crispin, my dash looks like an earlier version of that, I'll have to take a photo and post it for confirmation.

Richard, thanks, I'll be having the belt, water pump, tensioner, idler replaced as soon as I can but thought it would be good to know where to look. It's entirely possible that it's been done and the light reset, but as I can't be sure, so I'll be safe.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Crispin, it's way beyond my (very limited) capabilities, I'll be asking a local firm who have lots of nice cars through their doors to do the work for me.

If it's a local, non-T firm, then ask if you can supply the parts and give Simon a call. They might charge a "corkage" fee but could still be worth it.

I think to add to this, there really is a thread (pardon the pun) running through this forum that for most things especially the important ones, it really is a good idea to fit genuine Toyota parts. It is what makes the trucks so reliable in the first place.

I think to add to this, there really is a thread (pardon the pun) running through this forum that for most things especially the important ones, it really is a good idea to fit genuine Toyota parts. It is what makes the trucks so reliable in the first place.

:text-+1: there Rich :thumbup:

Yep, will be Toyota parts, chap doing the work is on his second or third Hilux and won't fit non-Toyota bits in critical areas.

Work was completed this week, timing belt, tensioner, idler x2, drivebelt, water pump, engine oil/filter, both diff oils, xfer box oil, atf fluid, air filter, fuel filter, plugs and inner cv boot. All parts genuine Toyota parts.

Feel much happier now I know that the belt is done, still a lot of bits to sort out, but they're mostly cosmetic.

Back