Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Techstream - 1KDFTV Models

karl2000

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
When I connect techstream to my 120, it wants me to select a model version - please see attached.

I'm not sure what the numbers refer to or how I know which one to choose?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200624_193920.jpg
    20200624_193920.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 136
The list of options is the model year. The first two digits represent the build year, the last two is the month. Choose the one that’s the correct range for your baby.

The list of options is the model year. The first two digits represent the build year, the last two is the month. Choose the one that’s the correct range for your baby.
Thanks for the info! Thats what I originally thought , but looking closer I was confused by some of the numbers, eg 1708 - were they still making 1KD's in 2017?

Hmmmm, yes that is strange. To be honest I hadn’t seen that before as just choose the correct range for me.

Now that you've confirmed that its a date range, I'm wondering if that list of dates is across every vehicle supported by (a particular version of) Techstream - not just the vehicle/engine you have selected...

Hi all
i have downloaded many cracked versions that I found on the web from 13xxx to 15xxx and they all work fine to an old PC with win XP that I have.
My problem is that none of the downloaded versions have my prado (kdj120L) 1KDFTV

Is there someone who can share a working link?
If it's not a big trouble is it possible for someone to upload the tested version that he has (including kdj120L) to a sharing site such as Dropbox so i can download it?

I really appreciate your support.
Thanks in advance!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Its all Chinese to me, however i ran the live feed on mine this week, hadn't a clue what those options meant so just selected one at random, it worked ok and i have a snapshot of the readings which from what i can gather seem within tolerance.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours, for comparison purposes, not the best pic in the world, David Bailey i aint.

Capture.PNG

Wish i knew mate.
When we bought it i contacted the 4 dealers it had been serviced at (full file with car) to find exactly that out, a couple didn't want to divulge any details at all, entirely possible the others couldn't be arsed to look it up and told me no recall work too...didn't help it had been on possibly 2 private plates during its life.

Far as i know they could be original set but at 113k miles i'd have expected a bit more variance between the readings and a higher load reading so it possibly it had a new set during the recall period, have always chucked in some Millers and 2T oil every fill up but even if the Millers is doing its job and keeping them clean would still have expected some wear...of course the readings and load % arn't the only things to judge.

Be interested to see other's snapshots of data to compare with, this is modern tech to me so very much still learning to walk, i couldn't get techstream to load onto the laptop or connect to the car in the beginning and our handy PC guru had to do the bis for me, thankfully it links ok for me now but not sure if i'd trust myself to say enter new injector codes without buggering the thing up completely.

When i get round to cleaning the EGR valve, would the codes on the injectors mean anything re the date they were produced? that would give a clue.

Last edited:
I dont think the codes on the injectors would give any clue, but dont know for sure. Now you've got it linked up, it shouldnt be difficult to enter new injector codes if/when you change them.

I think all the injector numbers look good though - I just go from watching fourby4diesel on youtube - he seems to know his injectors, and from watching his videos, the main things seem to be:

• main injection period - should be 550-600 and not jumping
  • load 12 when up to temp (on 5 speed auto with aircon / fan / radio OFF)
  • injection volume - around 6
  • pilot1/2 around 430
  • injector feedback max +/- 3
  • fuel pressure should be relatively stable and between 32000 - 36000 kPa. If you have the short SCV if might jump around a bit more.

Note that your fuel pressures are in psi - there is an option on Techstream to change it. Tractionman and I had that very issue the other day when we were looking at this!

I'll post my numbers for comparison when I get a chance to get a screenshot - but I've no idea about the history of my injectors either!!!!

Yep, Karl has been very helpful with this Techstream stuff.
I don't know the history of my injectors either. Although I have Toyota service history with mine there is no mention of injectors/seals being changed.
Having said that, someone on here some time ago, gave a link whereby you could put in your vin number, and it would tell you if yours was affected/done. Mine wasn't on that list, but I have no idea why, and why some are, some not. As I understand it, the original problem was the seals/washers which should be changed from copper to aluminium to stop diesel leaking into the sump. Dont understand that either, as copper was always for washers on injectors in years past.
Toyota paid for some engines that blew, but not others.
There was no recall as such, as VOSA wasn't involved with a safety issue, it seemed to be some sort of random thing between Mr T and customers.

Thanks for posting that Karl, not a great deal of difference between our results...hopefully a good thing and they'll go on for ever, rather that than the opposite which i won't tempt by voicing it :eusa-whistle:

Be nice to see a score card from a vehicle where its known the injectors are knackered.

Back