Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

That's a wrap

And of course, don't forget to notify DVLA for change of colour.

C

Chris said:
Damn that's looking good. Ultra stealth. Does it reflect radar or speed cameras!!

I'd love my wheel arch flares and mirrors doing in black. He may get enough work just off here to retire Paul!

Chris
:thumbup: Did someone say work?? :mrgreen:

Hi Guys,
Haven't done anything since last pics, but will be finishing today or tomorrow and will post more! (if ye are interested?)

I'm in a dilemma about the back, maybe you can help. I'm going to print an image and use it to wrap back, being in the sign business I have to have something special so it will stand out etc (don't want to be the cobbler with no shoes!)

Was thinking of steel panel look with big chunky rivets? Will be putting company name over it as I use it everyday!
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Looking for something wacky!! :thumbup:

Don't want to hijack your thread Paul, so can start new one if you want ;)

Pics Pics Pics!

Oh we like a pic.

I would like my arches doing, but once again it's logistics that are the difficult thing. Can't post a whole truck!!

Chris

What about making it look as though the rear door is open or missing so a wrap with a pic of the interior with your tool box on the floor & the dog with the wind in his fur :D

Or the back end of a Discovery?

C

sae70 said:
What about making it look as though the rear door is open or missing so a wrap with a pic of the interior with your tool box on the floor & the dog with the wind in his fur :D

I like that idea.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm following this thread with interest, this is something I've been considering.
I've had a quote to wrap my 80 of £1300 from http://www.raccoon.co.uk/ for a plain colour or £1500 for something like camo, that's more because they would have to get a 'special' printed. They also told me a wrap would help to disguise minor dents and scratches :thumbup: , maybe I'll have to get mine double wrapped :lol:

Paddy Dakar said:
Was thinking of steel panel look with big chunky rivets? Will be putting company name over it as I use it everyday!
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Looking for something wacky!! :thumbup:
Welcome Paddy :thumbup: A safe door or an aircraft door maybe.

Talking of chunky rivets, I recon the whole truck should be covered in them... stick on ones along the edges of all the panels :thumbup:

Paddy Dakar said:
Don't want to hijack your thread Paul, so can start new one if you want ;)
No worries about the hi-jack as my thread was your thread anyway.... or something like that :thumbup: :D

Cossack said:
They also told me a wrap would help to disguise minor dents and scratches
Really :?: :!: :think: How much to get the wife wrapped then :?: :lol: :D ;) And would it be extra to have her look like Angelina Jolie or Megan Fox :?: :D ;)

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

sae70 said:

I like the open door idea, but with a small pile of alien bodies in the back and some pest control signs on the sides.

Was able to finish drivers side and roof!
Can't seem to be able to post pics at the mo? Might be cos I'm a newbie :thumbup:

Like the ideas for back, keep them coming! anyone got any images?

Cheers!

Paddy, no restrictions on posting pics. You can't post directly though, you have to use something like Photobucket (other providers are available) to up load your sexy snaps to and then copy the link from there to here.

Crack on lad. We're waiting.

Chris

Chris said:
Paddy, no restrictions on posting pics. You can't post directly though, you have to use something like Photobucket (other providers are available) to up load your sexy snaps to and then copy the link from there to here.

Crack on lad. We're waiting.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Tried to embed from Picasa, then tried link, no joy!!
I've posted on a very special bike site ;) , hopefully a buddy might bring them across :thumbup:

Cheers!

Ahh Ha! Link codes not working from picasa, so right clicked, copied url then pasted between insert image code! :teasing-blah: :teasing-blah:

Right, thats the drivers side done, awaiting the arrival of my window seals from a very decent Ian :thumbup: that were ordered today!

Sifting through images on istock for back door aaarrrggghhh!!

Determined to get her finished the weekend!!

2010%2018%3A17%3A10.jpg

2010%2018%3A45%3A58.jpg

2010%2019%3A00%3A32.jpg

2010%2019%3A13%3A16.jpg

2010%2019%3A30%3A16.jpg

Coming together now! Few small things to sort out, before she gets raised in the new year!! :mrgreen:

Pic 3 not advisable to attempt with hangover! :whistle:

They're my wheel arch flares!!! Think mine would need to be gloss though.

That does look good. Cammo would be a bit extreme but fun.

Seriously clever stuff that, Paddy.

Chris

Cheers Chris ...

I think I've found 2 suitable images
This for the bottom half
ist2_8769494-rubber-frame.jpg

and this for the top half, stretched across the tinted glass, I'll be able to run my logo in centre, and use a "Hottest Signs etc" tagline perhaps?? + I'll still be able to see out back window..
ist2_11850488-shot-hole-banner.jpg

??

Paddy Dakar said:
Cheers Chris ...

I think I've found 2 suitable images.....
That would look cool Paddy :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing the finished job :thumbup:

Why do things seem to take forever when your doing it for yourself? :)

Printed out image for back door last night ready for laminating this morning.
2010%2022%3A00%3A24.jpg

Twas a tad cold but I soldiered on....
IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

Excuse quality of images using iphone and light not great!
IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

No going back now! :thumbup:

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

I'm quite happy with result, hopefully finish it tomorrow, fixing things as I go is slowing me down, new aerial, broken release on fuel filler door!

New front window rubbers coming from Ian to do and replace mirror glass on wing mirror (thanks again Ian)!

When done I'll take some decent pics and post if anyones still interested :thumbup: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

What did you do about the badges on the tailgate?

Back