Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The corona virus thread

Bloody hell, Mark, it sounds better than here. I'm coming out to join you!

Need a face shield there Gary, let me know...

We have been printing them at home on the 3d printer since late March. We adopted the local GPs and a couple care homes and a food shelter nearby and have been keeping them stocked up.

At a point now where the places are finally getting some supply, so we have spares now.

We have been printing them at home on the 3d printer since late March. We adopted the local GPs and a couple care homes and a food shelter nearby and have been keeping them stocked up.

At a point now where the places are finally getting some supply, so we have spares now.
Well done. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice one KB.

Awesome work mate.
Hope you and the family are well?

Thankyou for the offer but literally covered, advantage of a workshop that has a bodyshop next door, we stock a lot of this type of ppe.

Looks like no hope of a "normal" holiday season this year then. Should be able to get days out on the bike though so not a complete wash out.

They're also reviewing the isolation time advice when somebody has it plus they may recommend the wearing of masks at all times. What really p*****s me off with the 'experts' is one minute they're telling you one thing, the next it's something to the contrary. Doesn't inspire confidence to say the least. Brings back to mind the diesel U turn. 'Much less polluting than petrol'..........fast forward a few years when diesels are outselling petrols 5:1,......'Erm, yes, we got that one wrong'.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like no hope of a "normal" holiday season this year then. Should be able to get days out on the bike though so not a complete wash out.

They're also reviewing the isolation time advice when somebody has it plus they may recommend the wearing of masks at all times. What really p*****s me off with the 'experts' is one minute they're telling you one thing, the next it's something to the contrary. Doesn't inspire confidence to say the least. Brings back to mind the diesel U turn. 'Much less polluting than petrol'..........fast forward a few years when diesels are outselling petrols 5:1,......'Erm, yes, we got that one wrong'.
That's "experts" for you TP.

If I performed like that I wouldn't have a job..

Interesting video. Please form your own view on how accurate it is.

It seems that loo rolls and hand sanitiser are not the only items in short supply.

I just had occasion to ring 'Currys PC world Online' the first of many recorded messages states that they have no chest freezers any where in the UK for dlivery, I didn't want a chest freezer, anyway, after an hour and a half on hold, I gave up, so never got to talk to a human.

So my wife tells me, who works in a food shop, eggs are in short supply also.

We always get fruit & veg from a local mobile green grocer who parks in a lay-by on the ring roads and have done for years. He's normally their 3-4 days/week but noticed recently he's there for 6. He says business is booming for him which could have something to do with people preferring to avoid queueing for a supermarket when they can 'shop' in the open air.

We’ve got no shortages at all. Groceries we get from the local supermarket once a week and with the hibernation extended to 15 May, they’re now considering opening the schools on 16th.
That means we’ll have to back to the city, after spending the last 7 weeks at our house, out in the country. TBH we don’t want to return to the city, it’s only because of the schools that we will.
Aura and I are both working from home and our bosses are quite ok with that extending indefinitely. In a way it’s a shame, but that’s the way it goes. Ana’s had schooling by interweb, so she’s not really missed out too much, but she misses her friends, although they’ve all been gaming and socializing via the web...

My local Halfords sold out of push bikes two weeks ago, so I was told by a third party. I was also told that the manager said "if I had a delivery of a thousand bikes I could sell them all tomorrow".

Over 20,000 official deaths, that means there more like 25,000 inc care homes, if not more.

I don't care what anybody says, this 'lockdown' is just not being enforced strictly enough, infact it's a joke in some parts of the country, thank God that the majority are sensible and the rest are simply Covidiots inconsiderate tossers.

'lockdown' is just not being enforced strictly enough
careful what you wish for.In Spain 500000 fines have been handed, starting at 600 euros under a draconian law that basically means the individual police can simply decide that what you say is bollocks & write you up.Going down the allotment is banned but queuing up in the supermarket to buy veg is ok.
Mark W reports on another thread that up to 3000 people are being arrested in Morocco a day for not having the correct paperwork.You can bet that much of them can't or wont pay the backhander that's needed to get the permission.A similar situation is reported in Rumania apparently millions of fins handed out.
Sure some idiots are breaking the rules but ALL governments were warned well in advance about the possible consequences in advance & did little or nothing in time.

No shortage of anything here so far as i know , if there non on the supermarket shelf today it will be there tomorrow . Individuals selling fruit , veg and meat on facebook are enjoying a boom and for sure the quality beats anything we have had for years from supermarkets , spuds are bigger than eggs who wudda thunk it !

Covoidiots are a tiny minority and but a spec on the landscape of the virus map , think of it this way if i haven't seen anyone for a month and neither have you what consequences are likely to occur if we meet ?

The infection rate - 1 person infects 2/3/4 whatever and that we know some never suffer any symptoms while carrying/spreading the virus effectively means those obediently locked down are still infecting others . Most visit shops to . Does anyone think the lockdown measures will cure the human race of common colds , not a chance . This virus is here to stay until medical science catches up with it .

Enforced poverty will lead to riots . Its too soon to say it but i think the only way out of lockdown is to unofficially relax enforcement while insisting the rules will be enforced .

They couldn't ban smoking outright because its up to me whether or not i want to take that risk . In the short term a manageable outcome is all they can aim for which sadly means more hospital beds and more morgues to facilitate the new norm .

Back