Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Death of Diesel (and petrol?)

The particulates are a different problem to smog. They lodge deep in your lungs and cause escalating illness over your life. It's not possible to see them so even on a clear day in London you are still inhaling them. The finer and more invisible they are the deeper they get in to your lungs.

And instead of solving LONDON'S problem and creating a shining example for other industrial cities to follow they forced their fix on the whole nation with dire consequences for any one factory town thus condensing the problems by forcing more people into cities for lack of opportunity in their home town .

The motor manufacturers promised Europe and USA that they could make a fairly clean diesel car. How clean , well lets make some rules. So the particulate filter was invented but failed with thousands being taken off and thrown away. Then the cheating software was introduced making a mockery of the whole process. Trouble is the manufactures have huge political importance with many jobs at stake.

What about lorries, buses and coaches ? They all run on diesel

My old lorry, bless it, I miss you EXT, didn't have adblue or any other environmentally friendly anything on it. when euro whatever spec came in and you needed to be compliant to get into the low emission zone he decided to send it off and it came back with a magic tinfoil exhaust system. Cost loads ( but cheaper than buying a new 2nd hand lolly) but absolutely bugger all emissions. I don't know what this new crappy man lorry is but I've escaped filling with cow piss again so either the engine in it is a lot less polluting or it has a magic exhaust too.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The new HGV's have to pass an on road test for emissions. No laboratory simulation for them.

Back