Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Deed is Done.

Here are some more pictures taken just before and during the LPG conversion.

IMG_6412.JPG

IMG_6417.JPG

IMG_6421.JPG

IMG_6431.JPG

IMG_6435.JPG

IMG_6438.JPG

IMG_6444.JPG

IMG_6447.JPG

I think they are pretty much self explanatory. Apart from the surface rust underneath the car (those rear springs really do look a bit on the thin side), I'm very happy with the way things have turned out. The 4 hole 102 litre Toroidal Valtek tank fitted in nicely into the space left by the spare wheel. I haven't measured it (YET), but the ground clearance seems very good. You will also notice that we decided to locate the LPG filler cap just below the rear bumper in the centre of the tow bar cross member. For me this has two distinct advantages.

1. I can refill the car from either side.
2. It's location means that we didn't have to mess with the bodywork.

On the topside at 1st glance the engine bay looks pretty much standard fair, with most of the LPG stuff hidden away out of sight. Alas, after much messing around, Neil had second thoughts about fitting the Flashlube system and decided to give it a miss (thanks for the heads up, Jon). Instead I'm going for the more reliable Prins Valvecare system and have it fitted the next time I'm at Billy's (Hilton LPG, Wolverhampton). Last night it was difficult to see the LPG switchover button where it had been located on the centre console. Time will tell, if this is going to work. Anyway I'm off with the wife to Morrison's (Walthamstow) later today for a bit of shopping and a petrol/LPG top-up. It would be great if I could get 260 miles out of the truck. Here's crossing fingers.

John

The Dark Dude

you've used https links John, I'd guess the hosting you're using has some different links for you to cut and paste.

Jon, Andy, Kamal

Can you see the pictures or not? Irrespective of the https: All of the pictures are in a public area and freely available to all and sundry. This whole posting of pictures thing on this forum is doing my head in. Can someone, somewhere please sort this out? Like I said, I can see now see these pictures as clear as daylight, so I really don't know what is going on?

John

The Dark Dude.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gav Peter said:
No pics for me John :(

Gav, This is for you and you can thank Jon!

Back from the shop. Morrisons are doing a fuel deal. Spend £40 and get 6p off per litre on your fuel up to 100 litres. Petrol was £1.42p and the LPG was 74p per litre. So we filled up! Anyway here we go again.

IMG_6412.JPG

IMG_6421.JPG

IMG_6431.JPG

IMG_6417.JPG

IMG_6435.JPG

IMG_6438.JPG

IMG_6444.JPG

IMG_6447.JPG

Here goes nothing.

John

The Dark Dude

:thumbup: :banana-gotpics: YES! .:flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-australia: :flags-usa: :flags-canada: :text-bravo:

Result! Glad you like the photo's. So Cossack, what say you?

Anyone got a parcel shelf going spare? The spare wheel can't stay (in open view) in the boot for ever. It's got to go! JON! One other thing. I hate leather. Nothing good will come from killing cows so that we can sit of them. Today (with the air con full on) me and more importantly, Sharon fried on the leather. Greg knows of a dude in Scotland who makes custom-made cloth seat covers for the Land Cruiser and trust me when I say, that we are going to be a new customer of these Scottish dudes sooner rather than later, especially if this hot weather keeps going.....

Leather in this kind of heat, SUCKS! Hell, I'm already black. I don't need to be further fried while driving my truck to the shops.

John

The Dark Dude.

John, what about looking out for a GX being broken or a GX owner looking to swap? GX's came with cloth as standard. Going the GX route means a simple swap versus custom upholstery on the other side of the country.

Andrew

Greg mentioned about going down the GX route but unless the seats are mint, I think that the custom covers offer a more viable option. If something does come up that's too good to turn down , it won't be turned down, trust me.

John

The Dark Dude

Sorry John, still nothing... :(

:lol: Well done buddy - there for all to see at last :cool:

So its a blue one then...

Yes Gav, it's metallic blue.I thought I'd play it safe. In lots of ways this truck is very similar to my old Frontera. Both are 4x4 LWB sport utility vehicles. They both share the same colour and both (NOW) are able to run on LPG. And that's why load of people on my street have mistaken my new LC100 for my old Frontera. So for me this is more of a evolution than a revolution and that's the way I like it. Tomorrow I plan to start on a deep clean, beginning with a quick hand wash of the body and wheels. Sean, my spray guy, will give the car the once over in the morning and fix one of the two rear number plate lights which is now hanging by it loom on the lower tailgate.

John

The Dark Dude

good to see the pics

is that the LPG filling point by the towbar? looks very vulnerable there to offroad damage...?

Andy

I see where you're coming from. I don't intend to use my "new" truck for any real off-roading, so I'm not too worried. The main purpose of the car is as a luxury load lugger (and that's why I'm keeping my AHC unlike my friend Jon Wildsmith).

:cool: :cool: :cool:

John

The Dark Dude

Back