Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The end of slavery

I saw a different kind of slavery in a entirely different world. OK.. thought it only existed in that part of the world and within specific communities. Later I grew up, situation changed once who were masters became slaves and slaves became masters but current masters still refer to past and continue to target old masters. I feel past should not be given too much importance if its sending out negative message. Slavery is not just limited to any particular country, colour or tribe so no one to blame. Its every where, spread across all different regions in different forms.

I think Current world is always better than past one and future will be better than current one. Humans are progressive and will evolve in right direction. Happiness is the only dominant emotion of humans so it ll take the world towards right direction.
well said.

Humans are progressive and will evolve in right direction. Happiness is the only dominant emotion of humans so it ll take the world towards right direction.

Wish i felt that were true , and maybe it is in the long run but i can see things getting much worse before they begin to improve in the western world . Young people are so unbelievably "entitled" and its hardly surprising when i visited my 5 year old grandsons school to see posters on all the walls saying stuff like "i have a RIGHT to play" , "i have a RIGHT to healthy food" :wtf:

I recently give a young lad a go at work knowing he is messed up with good reason given a vaguely similar upbringing to myself , it didn't take him a couple of hours to start stating how the job needs to be changed to suit him :icon-rolleyes:

I dont know if my belief is true or just me trying to hide from facts and live a lone wolf kind of life.:) I picked this idea from a talk of Stuart Wild few years ago.
It roughly says. if you think world you live in currently is bad, think of all the bad things, old wars, world wars that happened in the past and now its not that much. I forgot exact words but it was in one of the Stuart Wilds audio books.

Sometimes I even wonder if all these extinction rebilion movements or BLM movements are real concern from lot of people collectively or is it misguided or funded. Dont know how something happened in one small town in one country spreads across the world in such a short time. Where is the energy coming from. Saying this I might sound offending to one side and supporting to other but its just a thought I get sometimes.

I suspect part of the issue is that the current environment is one in which everyone feels entitled to be offended by (well, anything and everything) but no one is entitled to stand their ground for fear of being branded or pilloried. It's entirely fucked up, TBH, and I'm unsure how this advances civilisation in the longer term. Hiding our past only worsens this... as said early, we need to learn from the past, not hide from it.

Raj
Funded yes imo. Media is the poison. with no news and no tv how would we actually live. We dont watch any of it.. It's all to to devide the people. Together we are strong devided we are weak.

Reactions: Raj
Another one here who doesn't watch any television (we have Netflix and Amazon for films etc), always mute the radio when a propaganda, sorry,news item is broadcast and i've been avoiding newspapers for well over 30 years now, you should try it sometime folks.
No TV licence now either, not buying my own brainwashing any more.

Yes i too agree with Raj, there's rich people somewhere at the back of all these movements pulling the strings, it's too easy to become a useful idiot and if you look at history the fate of useful idiots once no longer of use isn't rosy, as i said before, don't let rich people tell you who you should hate or fear.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice to hear Juddian.

Once you know,you know. you cant unlearn. I just wish there were radio stations with just music. Most are bought out by the people at the top. We had our local town station bought before the current cv sxam started. Very convenient timing ..........

I'm of the same opinion redarding the 'News", unfortunately I cannot exist without my bikesport fix, MotoGP, WSB, Road Racing etc, for which you need a licence.

Last i remember i think they were trying to shut down radio caroline and atlantic 252 was just starting .

I always read newspapers which were replaced by internet news but i would be very worried indeed if i thought stuff that mostly seems written by sulky 6 year olds influenced my opinion .

TV has always been a movie box for me . Mostly repeats , I've half watched some of the Hobbit films but i have no idea what the story is because my mind is mostly occupied with how did they make that , is it paper mache or plaster , how would i make it .

I closed my Facebook around 5 or 6 years ago. For last 4 years m living without tv channels. TV is used for watching YouTube, Amazon n Netflix. I am the only odd one in my group to say v don’t need news

Karl Webster, for a radio station with minimal talk, try Union Jack (DAB)...also they have dedicated rock and dance music channels along the same lines.
Yes they do the news broadcasts and sadly also broadcast the present govts covid farce propaganda adverts, but there's enough piss takes every now and again to give you an idea of what they really think...give it a whirl mate

As for news 1984 was written after Orwells experience working for the BBC during the war.Seeing how a murderous dictator became Uncle Joe , a vital ally against fascism & his witness to Soviet manipulation of the anti fascist forces in Spain led him to question the allies uncritical support of the Soviets.I still read the Economist , FT , Bloomberg & of course the Guardian ;-) although I don't agree with their politics.Being able to read between the lines has always been essential for decoding what "news" means

BBC headlines - billions gather to support some woke shit we support

1623054964065.png

And a few people turn up to oppose them

1623055169223.png

^^^ yup, sadly the BBC has become a national bad joke as the state propaganda machine, how the once most reliable broadcaster has fallen.

Proud to say my daughter can be found in various freedom marches, as you can see form that pic not all the young read from the hymnsheet they're told to and long may that continue to be the case.

juddian. you sound like my type of guy.

Shayne. The bbc and others will tell you that a few people turn up. I can tell you that over a million people go london. I wont use the forum to show the other side bit happy to PM anyone interested in links to see the real push back. :)

Thats the point i'm making Karl the truth is there plain to see and its typically opposite to the view being pushed by the media . Even illiterate people can see right through this which goes to show how out of touch with the commoner they are , how much contempt they have for the common man .

I'm sure it confused people when as a teenager quite obviously hell bent on self destruction i'd buy the Times newspaper to read at work tea break . Back then it always impressed me that they would report whats going on in the world without opinion and the reader was left to make up his/her own mind . Not any more , there ain't no such thing as a journalist any more .

Last edited:
Back