Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Joys of Travel

clivehorridge

Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
Well, it's been -14C today, now it's -12C, it's stopped snowing, and I'm about to board a plane from Bucharest to Doha, Qatar (a bloody gain!)

There's been over a meter of snow fallen since last Friday, and.......

no cancellations!

Wake up Heathrow! 10 flakes cancels all at LHR :lol: :icon-rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    977.7 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    929.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Looks alot of fun. Are snowmoblies popular over there or a bit expensive for most people?
Stu

How deep was that snow along the road? 2m+????
Golly

Looks alot of fun. Are snowmoblies popular over there or a bit expensive for most people?
Stu

I think snowmobiles are a but expensive for anyone anywhere, unless you can use it throughout the year, such as Finland or Iceland, above the circle!

But there's a fair few here on the mountain in the winter and of course quads in the summer. :icon-rolleyes: Quads are getting a bad name, they do a lot of damage to the tracks.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How deep was that snow along the road? 2m+????
Golly

I nicked those photos from the newspaper Steve, but depths went up to 5 meters in various parts due to drifting, it's been very windy too, the bike photo shows that!

Looks like Britain is in for a bashing this weekend with high winds and heavy rain.:? I'm enjoying 19C now in Qatar, which is a change from -14C at home! :icon-biggrin:

Send a little this way. I'm feeling rather shorted on snow this winter!

Looks like Britain is in for a bashing this weekend with high winds and heavy rain.:? I'm enjoying 19C now in Qatar, which is a change from -14C at home! :icon-biggrin:

19 sounds nice, its a bit too hot down here today! :icon-cool:

Are you on holiday then Clive? :icon-biggrin:

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 107
19 sounds nice, its a bit too hot down here today! :icon-cool:

Are you on holiday then Clive? :icon-biggrin:

I wish!

No, is the short answer, for my sins my job (in the construction industry) takes me to different parts of Romania and out of the country quite often. I complain about it because it usually eats into my time at weekends, but I suppose I shouldn't really.

This weekend I was looking forward to some skiing (and so was my 5 yr old) but it wasn't to be. She was probably more disappointed than me.

Come on Ben, 31C is nice, not too warm! Romania usually sits between 30 and 40 in the summer, here in Qatar it goes up to 55! It's nice now here because it's winter at about 21.

Stay cool! :icon-cool: :thumbup:

I was back in Qatar all last week and going again on Wednesday:icon-rolleyes:

Theres loads of LCs there, too many in fact. I watch them go by in Bucharest, but there they're 10-a penny out there.

Some nice old 80s, lots of 100s, FJs and of course 200s, all petrol naturally at 24 euro cents a liter! Not only LCs either:lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    894 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    847 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    715.6 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    797.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 78
Mmmmm, an Omani one crept in there too!

This tin box didn't fare very well when someone rolled it...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 74
Back