Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The need for heavy duty springs if you are adding weight.

G

Julian
Could be, I suppose. It was twin axle, moderately nose-heavy when empty. Clearly the aerodynamics didn't work well with the LC, as it burned a shedload of fuel pulling it even when empty.
You mean my car has a big bum? Very politically incorrect Julian, you'll hurt its feelings! It may be on the low side, although the mis-mounted exhaust makes it look lower. It's certainly not been an issue up to now.
CB

Matt
I agree totally with what you are saying: tail-heavy trailers are bad news. But in fact, if anything, I was nose-heavy. Strange. Maybe my rear shocks are b*****ed.
I'd have rearranged the load if I could, but the trailer was absolutely full to the gills with no possibility of movement. Unfortunately 10x6x6 was the biggest I could find, and it was really too small.
CB
BTW the sun is shining here - is Derbyshire always cold?
>
>

I recon the weight should be a bit in front of the axle, not too far though.... anyway, every time/load is different.
As for weather, it is 4degC here today. It is not always cold, it is just that I am sat (still and not moving!) in a very cold office, and because I'm only here for a few hours today and I'm too tight to put the heating on!! Plus I keep going into the main building to do other stuff and it is REALY cold in there! brrrrrrr
Cheers,
Matt
Derbyshire, no sun... overcast with north wind
----- Original Message -----
To: [Email address removed]
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 12:15 PM
Subject: Re: [ELCO] The need for heavy duty springs if you are adding weight.
Matt
I agree totally with what you are saying: tail-heavy trailers are bad news. But in fact, if anything, I was nose-heavy. Strange. Maybe my rear shocks are b*****ed.
I'd have rearranged the load if I could, but the trailer was absolutely full to the gills with no possibility of movement. Unfortunately 10x6x6 was the biggest I could find, and it was really too small.
CB
BTW the sun is shining here - is Derbyshire always cold?

Hi Christopher,
When I was parked beside you on the plain, it was obvious how much higher mine was
compared to yours, but then I compared your bumper level compared to other stock
suspension 80 there and the difference was noticeable.
What size tyres do you have and how high is the top of the rear bumper - perhaps
you could compare it with someone else here with a stock setup - I wouldn't be
surprised if yours is a couple of inches lower than others.
--
Regards,
Julian Voelcker
Mobile: 07971 540362
Cirencester, United Kingdom
1994 HDJ80, 2.5" OME Lift, ARB

Back