Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

Time to inject a little humour
A little more humour?

joke.jpg

I was a big part of the mining Industry in the late 70s and well into the 80s and as a young lad even i could see what was coming, I use to attend the Triple alliance meetings in Sheffield and could see the influence Scargill and the Unions had on the workers. We were always poised for the next Strike action, And to be fair most of us were pretty sick of it... Think of me what you will but i was a Scab and worked through the dreadful times of the Miners strikes... If you had half a brain you could see what was going to happen once Thatcher started stock piling cheap Polish Coal. The knock on affect finished our Major Heavy Industries... Any way I had a Triumph Bonnie motor Bike, a Triumph Spitfire sports car and 4 girlfriends... I wasnt giving them up Just because Mr Scargill got pissed at the Crucible Theater in Sheffield One night... Its off Topic from Brexit i know, But they were bad times for all Workers and Strikers alike i lost some good friends to those Tough Times.. To be honest i think Work is a piece of piss nowadays, When was the last time you had all the windows smashed on Your bus, Then were dragged off it and given a good kicking, While just trying to get to work?
I suspect any of your work woes paled into insignificance to having four girlfriends Higgy. ..

I had no choice.. I had to go to Work to keep 'em' in Lager n Blackcurrant, and Tabs, Girls were 'Chic' in the 80s

You were doing it wrong , one of the reasons i absolutely refused to have a mobile phone is all the girls knew about the rest and all knew i would decide where i'm going to sleep only after the pub called last orders . No locked doors either so more than once i went home drunk with one and woke with another :wtf: some questions are best not asked so i just pretended not to notice :lol:

Ahh, but which bits are made up KB?..:)

There is a fair bit of factual information being represented in shades of the truth, or just being made up. Often selective representation is nice to support an argument. All fun really :)

I can't verify or validate most of these. The odd one that I can, is always funny to see twisted.

Eg. The NHS today has more doctors, in the mid range, that qualified from outside Britain. Single largest contribution there is the EU. But let's not talk about that, since it supports no one's case.

You were doing it wrong , one of the reasons i absolutely refused to have a mobile phone is all the girls knew about the rest and all knew i would decide where i'm going to sleep only after the pub called last orders . No locked doors either so more than once i went home drunk with one and woke with another :wtf: some questions are best not asked so i just pretended not to notice :lol:
They were the days... No phones, You could be snogging one good night on her door step... Happy in the fact the other 3 had not a clue where you were....My biggest excuse was, "You know im on Nights this week love".. Im sure i told you!....Ah! Brexit bring it on!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Eg. The NHS today has more doctors, in the mid range, that qualified from outside Britain. Single largest contribution there is the EU. But let's not talk about that, since it supports no one's case.

Thats been government policy since Britain bankrupt itself opposing a bunch of fanatic lunatics who felt Europe should rule the world , most of our surgeons got dead , quite a few other people to and those that did survive were likely in dire need of qualified medical attention . And so we built hospitals in India to train and import a lifeline so desperately needed . It was , at the time , the in every respect the sensible thing to do .

Now they do the same with bar tenders , cleaners , carpenters , bricklayers , taxi drivers , you name it they all get imported because apparently we don't have the homegrown skills here - do i need to ask why ?

Last edited:
[QUOTE="GeekOKent, post: 1509902, member: 8825"

Eg. The NHS today has more doctors, in the mid range, that qualified from outside Britain. Single largest contribution there is the EU. But let's not talk about that, since it supports no one's case.[/QUOTE]

But can you verify that:laughing-rolling:

What is verifiable though is that the largest group of foreign nurses registered with the NMC are from the Philippines, not the EU.

There is a bigger issue with the nhs. Any business that has to recruit the majority of its employees from overseas (as nursing does) because the pay and conditions in that occupation are so bad, I would suggest has serious issues that need to be addressed. When that business is looking after the health of the nation, that should be a real concern.

Last edited:
From: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...to-have-speed-limiters-by-2022-under-eu-plans

However, drivers will be able to override the device simply by pushing hard on the accelerator, reassuring some motoring groups that have argued that in certain situations – such as when trying to swiftly overtake a vehicle in front – speeding up could be safer.

Indeed, and joining a busy motorway or dual carriageway.It may also be safer to accelerate in front of a queue of vehicles in the inside lane.
In the days before people became so misguidedly speed obsessed advanced driving instruction was to accelerate swiftly past vehicles when overtaking to reduce your time in the ‘danger zone’ and then modify your speed once back on the correct side of the road.
Should do wonders for the classic car market, I for one wouldn’t buy a car with this fitted.

Reactions: Pat
For the first time in this whole process i am shocked . So submissive is she to her EU masters that she is willing to sacrifice the Tory party forever and gamble that by combining her surrender with Labour she will bring them down too so maybe someday somebody will vote Tory again :crazy:

17.4 million people will vote UKIP out of spite .

[QUOTE="GeekOKent, post: 1509902, member: 8825"

What is verifiable though is that the largest group of foreign nurses registered with the NMC are from the Philippines, not the EU.

There is a bigger issue with the nhs. Any business that has to recruit the majority of its employees from overseas (as nursing does) because the pay and conditions in that occupation are so bad, I would suggest has serious issues that need to be addressed. When that business is looking after the health of the nation, that should be a real concern.[/QUOTE]

Yes, can verify that. Well, I can anyway. There was an EU report about academic migration, and medical institutes around the EU had a fair chunk of British nationals. So that's a second data point.

The report to commons actually said the single largest contingent of non British nationals employed by the NHS was Indian at just over 17% , if you include British nationals who claim asian descent that number rises much further.

I think the NHS by and large needs better managers, not more of them.

Which is sort of the point. The leave campaign made the NHS into a conversation point when it does not merit it. People continue to argue a position that does not exist. Funded entirely by folks who personally benefit, and as was seen recently using illegal means.

Anyway, NHS has other problems.

There is a bigger issue with the nhs. Any business that has to recruit the majority of its employees from overseas (as nursing does) because the pay and conditions in that occupation are so bad, I would suggest has serious issues that need to be addressed. When that business is looking after the health of the nation, that should be a real concern.

Yes, can verify that. Well, I can anyway. There was an EU report about academic migration, and medical institutes around the EU had a fair chunk of British nationals. So that's a second data point.

The report to commons actually said the single largest contingent of non British nationals employed by the NHS was Indian at just over 17% , if you include British nationals who claim asian descent that number rises much further.

Which is sort of the point. The leave campaign made the NHS into a conversation point when it does not merit it. People continue to argue a position that does not exist. Funded entirely by folks who personally benefit, and as was seen recently using illegal means.

Anyway, NHS has other problems.[/QUOTE]
I thought you probably could, it was joke.
I did specifically say nurses. I will amend my original post though, there are slightly more nurses from the EU than the Philippines but the Philippino s are the largest single foreign contingent.
I think India is also outside the EU:tonguewink:
It does slightly rile me that Indians are allowed to live and work here but there are significant restrictions on U.K. nationals of non Indian descent living in India.
U.K. nationals are still significantly in the majority in the nhs but that’s all staff, not just clinical.
https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7783
It is worth noting though that the intention is that, as with non eu NHS staff after brexit eu nationals would still be able to gain employment in the nhs as there are roles where U.K. nationals cannot fill all the roles, so although the process may change slightly there will not be a mass expulsion of eu staff and recruitment of eu and other overseas staff will continue.
As you say, the nhs has bigger problems, one of which is, as I suggested, recruitment and retention

Last edited:
For the first time in this whole process i am shocked . So submissive is she to her EU masters that she is willing to sacrifice the Tory party forever and gamble that by combining her surrender with Labour she will bring them down too so maybe someday somebody will vote Tory again :crazy:

17.4 million people will vote UKIP out of spite .
I think it’s so that she can squeeze out the dup

So she can deliver something nobody wants .
Indeed. She basically just keeps on representing the same thing and getting it voted out. It’s bizarre. It’s like repeatedly slamming your hand in the door to see if it still hurts!!

I agree, yet again a problem to solve a problem. as has been mentioned before, short sightedness and lack of investment in skills, and our youths future. work experience at school as we called it, should be dynamic. directing the, lets say less focused pupils(as I was), in the direction where there are actually skills shortages and job prospects.
up until the point of the nation seeing full employment I cant see why there should be a skills shortage for any other reason than mismanagement.

However, drivers will be able to override the device simply by pushing hard on the accelerator, reassuring some motoring groups that have argued that in certain situations – such as when trying to swiftly overtake a vehicle in front – speeding up could be safer.

boeing are having a few issues with overridable safety features at the moment...

this applies to the majority of british business in the last 50 years!

edit.
this applies to the whole of Britain in the last 50 years!..

Last edited:
But going back to the people is 'undemocratic'

What's this farce then... Not exactly democracy's finest hour.

But going back to the people is 'undemocratic'

What's this farce then... Not exactly democracy's finest hour.
at first ask a person for a honest answer on a question.
then start making them watch constant repeats of towie 12 hours a day whilst slapping them about the face constantly with a 10 lbs rotten fish.

do this for months.

then ask them the same question. only this time tell them the towie watching fish slapping will stop if they give a different answer....

The first referendum result shocked me because i was sure it would be fixed , i can only guess it wasn't because they were so out of touch they truly didn't see a threat .

I'm sure they know now if a second referendum was given there is a very high probability an even bigger majority would reject EU membership .

So if there is one it will be fixed in favour of Remain and nothing at all will convince me otherwise . It wouldn't be kicking a can down the road , more like playing football with a live grenade .

Back