Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Worlds most Dangerous Roads

Dark Dude

Did anyone manage to watch Hugh Dennis and David Baddiel drive a standard LC100 oil burner over 2,000km of Ethiopia's bone-shaking roads, last night on the BBC? They were in a quest to reach Aksum, known as the home of the Ark of the Covenant and they nearly didn't make it when they accidentally came foul of the of the car's immobiliser.

http/www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01l9lwz/Worlds_Most_Dangerous_Roads_Series_2_Ethiopia/

Cracking viewing.

John

PS: I can't understand why they would put the spare wheel on top of the roof rack when they had a perfectly spare wheel carrier bolted on at the back?

JC

Watching it now.

I think they put it up on the roof to take the weight off the rear door, on the badly surfaced roads.

There is a lot of strain and stress on the door when one hits a pot hole rather too fast.

Gra.

Graham said:
I think they put it up on the roof to take the weight off the rear door, on the badly surfaced roads.

There is a lot of strain and stress on the door when one hits a pot hole rather too fast.

Gra.

I noticed when the guys went to pick up their truck in Addis that not one single 4x4 rental had their spare wheel attached on the back on the spare wheel carrier. I can't see how stress could be a factor when the spare wheel carrier is designed to take a major part of the strain.....

The quest goes on, I suppose.

John

Easier to nick if its on the back ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back