Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

this site sucks

Get all over the place in mine - it just keeps going and it's not old enough to be breaking yet :)

Those that have asked for links to my docs all get them - but I don't have an owners manual electronically, and not for the 3400 v6 specifically ...

Where am I looking? right here on the 120 forum, 4 questions in one month and none answered.

If this was an active forum I wouldn't have to ask repeatedly?

And if there are no 120's in the UK then why have a forum for them?

Maybe it's because people don't have many questions about 120's? We can't force people to ask. Look at the 80 section. There's 4 questions an hour. It's not a 120 forum. It's a Landcruiser forum. It's a 120 section within that.

Also you have a petrol 120, never seen one in the UK.

Where am I looking? right here on the 120 forum, 4 questions in one month and none answered.

Most 120's belonging to members are diesels too.

I'm an 80 owner for example, and I know a fair bit about diesel engines and older vehicles. So why would I even attempt to answer your question?

They did a petrol 120 but it was a 4.0 v6. One of my customers has an lc5 spec one its lovely to drive

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oddly enough there are quite a few petrol 120s around - I know 2 owners within spitting distance of my house. However all the UK ones are the 4.0 V6 version and not the 3.4V6 like in my 90 series/Colorado.

So a 3.4V6 120 series is an unfamiliar beast in the UK. You may be better off asking on Pradopoint, as the 120 series 3.4V6 Prado may be more common in Oz.

Take a chill pill smelvin, you're getting the reasons why you got no response. It doesn't mean the site sucks...

I see there are a few manuals on eBay relatively cheap and I know you can still get them from Mr T
also there are a couple of workshop manuals on amazon that will even cover the petrol.

personally i dont respond well to the stamp of a foot, my kids have even given up

Suprised there are so many nice replys with a attitude like that in all honesty !

Its a free to join forum (that takes time and money) where people help eachother. Just because people cannot answer your question does not mean the site sucks it just means that we dont know the answer. Would you rather someone had posted with a incorrect guess and you had gone on your way with the wrong information ?

Lets try - No I dont have a manual and its a belt driven engine (The second answer is a guess by the way !)

For me its a petrol, ........ eww ugh, gotta go clean my keyboard now, ......
Sadly its what I consider a soft roader not a proper 4x4 because it has IFS.
As with most members on this forum I would be guessing should I answer your post so rather than lead one astray I consider it best to post nothing perhaps it would have been more constructive of me to reply sorry don't know, let us know when you find out wont you, but I did not, too bad so sad.

Suprised there are so many nice replys with a attitude like that in all honesty !

Its a free to join forum (that takes time and money) where people help eachother. Just because people cannot answer your question does not mean the site sucks it just means that we dont know the answer. Would you rather someone had posted with a incorrect guess and you had gone on your way with the wrong information ?

Lets try - No I dont have a manual and its a belt driven engine (The second answer is a guess by the way !)

My sentiments entirely Paulpen. Insulting members is not the way to make friends and gain information that's given voluntarily. I hate bad manners, sorry.

I'm a 120 owner who uses it off-road every day around the farm. Not really gnarly stuff, I have a quad bike for that. But if I need to carry or tow heavy stuff. Haven't been able to reply to recent posts because I didn't know any answers. Ask me about replacing any part of the suspension (on an LC3). But everything has been documented before. Will lend moral support though!

Hey Rob - a timely reminder - I'm about to start replacing all the control arm bushes and refurb IGN the callipers, and you've just reminded me you wrote it all up. Now to go find it :)

Hi Gary. I don't recall writing much about control arms, but only because there is so little to them. Only the slight faff of cutting the old ones out. If I do them again I do think I'll use rubber rather than poly though. Had one top arm snap within a week a replacing bush with poly, although the other 3 are still intact! I did use the WSM for the torque settings though. Thank you again!

Having said control arms are easy I have recalled that the uppper arm on the fuel tank side can be a bit of a git. The threaded end of the bolt sits in a bit of a rust trap so you (well I) need to spend some time with a small wire brush and a sharp screwdriver to be able to get a ring spanner on the nut. Also remember that the bolt heads have ridges to they won't undo until you have the nut loose. You get about 5 degrees movement on that nut because of where it is, so a ratchet spanner makes things slightly less awkward.

only 4 posts in a month and not one answer...Put a fork in it this site is done! JMHO

Oh an opportunity to use my favourite expression to people who are rude, ignorant and just plain damn annoying;" Still here?" (said in an offhand condescending way!)

Manners cost nothing!

Waste of breath. There always one or two who throw a fit at the first problem.

Back