Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Time for a change !!!

joinerman

Garage
Having owned my 80 series for the last 6+ years i'm thinking of a colorado, partly for running costs, my question is what do you owners get to the gallon from a manual version ?

Oddly the autos all seem more economical than the manuals. Go figure. GEaring is different. The manual cruises at quite high revs.

Economy depend on which model you buy. Petrol or diesel and 1KZ or D4D

Chris

joinerman said:
Having owned my 80 series for the last 6+ years i'm thinking of a colorado, partly for running costs, my question is what do you owners get to the gallon from a manual version ?

No idea with regards to manual but my auto on a steady run gets 28 easy, knocking around town 24 ish

Alan

This may seem an obvious question to you 80 owners but apart from fuel, what makes 80s more expensive compared to 90s?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Andrew Prince said:
chadr said:
apart from fuel, what makes 80s more expensive compared to 90s?
Not much ;) Maybe insurance?

"Not much" - that's what I thought too - the initial outlay may well be higher, certainly IMHO some 80s seem to be fetching silly money, compared to 90s. ...."You pays your money..." and all that.

So I suppose you could probably "swap" a tidy but bog standard 80, for a mint 95 with some decent mods and accessories. :?

Again, an auto, my 3.0 Kzte gets a minimum of 20mpg around town (and its the worst sort of driving, sometimes no more than 800m - but I have no choice but drive!), and I have had late 20's on a run also.

90's do seem good value at the moment, some little more money than 78's which currently seem to be in short supply and fetching very good money.

Cheers

Pete

On the rare occasions that my 1998 '95' with the manual box and 1KZ-TE motor is on a run without a horse trailer on the back, it gives me around 24.5mpg.

With the trailer its about 17mpg :doh: .

Bob.

BobMurphy said:
On the rare occasions that my 1998 '95' with the manual box and 1KZ-TE motor is on a run without a horse trailer on the back, it gives me around 24.5mpg.

With the trailer its about 17mpg :doh: .

Bob.
Those figures pretty much match what I was getting from Fiery (98MY SWB manual 1KZ) running on 265/75/16 Avon A/T tyres, but after fitting the 255/85/16 KM2's this is now the story;

sae70 said:
So before KM2's fitted with truck pretty much standard trim my speedo was reading +10% & my odometer we are assuming was accurate. So now I've fitted the over sized KM2's my speedo is reading correctly so now in effect -10%ish and this must mean that my odometer is now reading -10%!!! Is this correct?! As for each revolution of the wheel I'm now travelling further due to the increase in diameter of the tyre, but for each revolution of the wheel my odometer is still assuming that I have traveled the factory calibrated distance for that revolution :think: :think: :? :think: Ah, so hang on a mo' I'm actually travelling further in terms of distance than indicated assuming that my odometer was accurate in the first instance :D So this must mean that when I did my resent fuel calcs using my odometer readings with my new KM2's fitted I'd actually gone further than I thought (roughly 10%) so this would give me new figures of..............hang on what were my original accurate figures :?:

sae70 said:
Just worked out all of my mpg's associated with my rescent trip to Wales a total of 643miles :)

Local driving the day before going 19.27mpg

Journey to wales A12, M25, M4 bla bla bla 228miles @ motorway speeds :whistle: 19.57mpg

A days laning on Saturday 50/50 lanes & tarmac, lots of low range 99mile round trip 16.78mpg

A days laning on Sunday simular to Saturday 112miles 18.92mpg

Fast journey home from Wales @ motorway speeds :whistle: 19.16mpg
Ah right so the average of all the tarmac driving is 19.33mpg so 19.33x1.1=21.26mpg :D I can live with this as I don't hang about :lol: ;) and just to complete this then the off road element now comes to 19.64mpg :thumbup:

I also worked fuel consumption before I modded Fiery (fitted the KM2's, sliders, draw system etc) and on tarmac she was giving 24mpg :)

I hope this info helps you Nick with your thought process as it now all makes alot more sense to me, assuming my thought process is correct :oops: :lol: :)

I have had up 32 mpg with my 1KZTE auto but driving like a nun - never going above 2200 rpm , accelerating slowly , only stopping every 3 hours ect.Its been said before , if your worried about fuel economy dont buy a 4x4

Last fill averaged 27mpg. I have got much better though up to 31 mpg.
Manual SWB 1KZ-TE with 4.100 diffs and 265/75 16 tyres.
and 275k miles on the clock :dance:

consistently around 30 mpg, (10% town, 90% open road,) most journeys 10-30 miles, I normally cruise 60-65mph, worst ever 26mpg - caused by low 26psi tyre pressures, best ever 35mpg - relaxed summer holiday driving 5 people with bags, pushchairs etc. normally fill up at ESSO, full tank and drive till empty around 500miles, 33psi tyre pressure,
97 LWB 90 1kz-te, passenger, Grandtrek AT21, 265 70 R16, 260kmiles, No modifications

Hope this helps.........Bob

I have the Colorado 1ktz manual and get a regular 30mpg (diesel) fantastic car, I say car because it drives more like a car than a truck, off road I have not found anything to stop it yet, although I am not silly with it however I do go to different off road places including Mamby in Lincolnshire. The Col has done around 60,000 miles so not very high mileage and the year is 2000.
Hope this helps?

John

Back