Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

timing belt

Rudolph

Hello,

Just bought my new toy and have introduced myself politely in the correct section :)

I have a question regarding the timing belt....

I have no evidence of when it was last changed so will probably do this soon.
What is the change interval?
I believe the 3.4 is a non-interference engine?

You can easily tell is they've changed the timing belt recently.

There should be a timing belt tensioning pulley somewhere.
Give it a turn by hand and if you can feel any wear in the pulley bearing, then change out everything.

On the 80 there is a light that goes "bump" at a certain service interval. But for peace of mind just have a look into the timing belt cover.

Toy likes to build non-interference engines, they use slightly more fuel, but very very reliable.

chriscolleman said:
You can easily tell is they've changed the timing belt recently.

There should be a timing belt tensioning pulley somewhere.
Give it a turn by hand and if you can feel any wear in the pulley bearing, then change out everything.

On the 80 there is a light that goes "bump" at a certain service interval. But for peace of mind just have a look into the timing belt cover.

Toy likes to build non-interference engines, they use slightly more fuel, but very very reliable.

Awel zunne, dank je voor de info Chris :thumbup:

I'll take the cover off tomorrow and have a poke around....

Oedadde, zit er a gunder kanten u West-Vlaoming met u Cruiser dan nog :dance:

I'll bet you've been having more snow than over here, it has sadly all melted away.

chriscolleman said:
Oedadde, zit er a gunder kanten u West-Vlaoming met u Cruiser dan nog :dance:

I'll bet you've been having more snow than over here, it has sadly all melted away.

:D geen Vlaming,..Nederlander ;)

yeah, we've had about a foot of snow here, more expected in a few days :)

You guys measure it in feet we measure it in cm.
Some light dusting forecast for here as well.

Some time ago we were on a fishing holiday in the Netherlands, our West-Flemish frequently got mistaken for Fries. We also get the subtitles when speaking the native language on TV :lol:

A bit like Welsh but we don't get the roadsigns, they would be surely unpronouncable :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
chriscolleman said:
You guys measure it in feet we measure it in cm.
Some light dusting forecast for here as well.

Some time ago we were on a fishing holiday in the Netherlands, our West-Flemish frequently got mistaken for Fries. We also get the subtitles when speaking the native language on TV :lol:

A bit like Welsh but we don't get the roadsigns, they would be surely unpronouncable :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

haha yeah, there is a train station in Wales called Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch :shock:
Nice word to use in a sobriety test :laughing-rolling:

Rudolph said:
chriscolleman said:
haha yeah, there is a train station in Wales called Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch :shock:
Nice word to use in a sobriety test :laughing-rolling:
I couldn't even pronounce that sober, let alone pi$$ed :lol:

Back