Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

too much fluid in my box?

rollinolan

Country Flag
ireland
Hi there all, I have a 96 prado. I topped up the autobox fluid today as it looked to be down a little but may have put in too much can this damage the auto gear box??

yes it will, better a little low than over full

i SEEM TO BE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING A CONSTANT LEVEL, DO I CHECK LEVEL WHEN RUNNING ORTURN OFF ENGINE AND THEN CHECK IT.ITS VERY CONFUSING AS IT SEEMS THAT THERE WAS WAY TOO MUCH IN THERE TO BEGIN WITH AND I TOOK OUT ABOUT 2 LITRES IT STILL SHOWING HIGH. IM AFRAID TO DRIVE IT NOW

engine / transmission at running temperature, engine running, vehicle in park or neutral (handbrake applied),

transmission oil level will vary quite dramitcally with regards to temeprature difference so make sure its at normal running temp when you do the check

On my 3.4 V6 autobox, there are 2 levels indicated on the dip stick, warm and cold, and then high and low for each condition.

Mesure with the engine running and after shifting trough all the options of the gearbox. This last is only important after the box is been drained, ther could be air in the system.

I would always suggest going for warm, afterall what is cold ??? running temp should be the same no matter what the ambient temp, with exceptions of course

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks to all who replied to my post great help i have it sussed out now. cheers

Back