Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Took delivery yesterday

Just an update,I got a price from Amayama for the foot rest and they came in £24 cheaper than my local Mr Toyota so it seems Amayama is the place to go,thanks again Star Cruiser

Just an update,I got a price from Amayama for the foot rest and they came in £24 cheaper than my local Mr Toyota so it seems Amayama is the place to go,thanks again Star Cruiser

Be aware that you'll be liable for VAT on the cost of the part, and the cost of the postage from Amayama. And the courier will charge about £10 to collect that VAT.

Be aware that you'll be liable for VAT on the cost of the part, and the cost of the postage from Amayama. And the courier will charge about £10 to collect that VAT.
Ah,not quite such a good deal then,thanks for that Rob

Have you asked our friendly parts manager - Simon Holton for price,
Usually 10% discount on parts like that and more discount on service items

Have you asked our friendly parts manager - Simon Holton for price,
Usually 10% discount on parts like that and more discount on service items
Thanks Andy I did email him after Tony P suggested trying him but I have had no reply unfortunatly .I have now ordered the part from my local Toyota dealer and it will be here on Thursday.
If and when I need other part I will get on to both Simon and Amayama as well as my local Mr T

It's worth shopping around. Some parts are considerably cheaper, others not so. You also need to bear in mind import duty over I think £160 worth. It's sometimes a lottery as to whether or not you get a charge, depending on the cost you part this time may well have crept in under the radar but you have to factor the VAT and surcharge in. Interestingly the Post Office last time had decreased their surcharge from £12 to £8. TNT seem the worst at £24 but Amayama comes in through the Post Office/Parcel Force.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's worth shopping around. Some parts are considerably cheaper, others not so. You also need to bear in mind import duty over I think £160 worth. It's sometimes a lottery as to whether or not you get a charge, depending on the cost you part this time may well have crept in under the radar but you have to factor the VAT and surcharge in. Interestingly the Post Office last time had decreased their surcharge from £12 to £8. TNT seem the worst at £24 but Amayama comes in through the Post Office/Parcel Force.

Import duty on goods over £120. For car parts it's 4.5%. VAT due on the parts, postage and the duty. If the total duty (not VAT) is less than £7 it is waived.

Back