Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota gives you wings ...well actually...

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
they don't you; have to buy them and they are bloody expensive. But the old bus is worth it. 250,000 miles and 26 years later, it's time for a refresh. A million thanks to Mr Lomas in terms of helping me to source them from a local dealer and for sorting out a paint shop to spray them up for me. I have to mount them then drill the holes for the Kut Snake arches and the Safari Snorkel then take them off again and get them sprayed. Drilling brand new wings is a sweat inducing activity I can tell you. Inner wings are pretty good, but the trailing edge of the nearside is pretty bad. I could do with a repair section there. Off side OK, it's just the NS where the mud flap bolts on and the end of the wing attaches.

Anyone got a scrap 80 with a decent section there, then please get in touch! I can weld of course, but I think there just too much work in recreating that small triangular section.
Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 17.07.00.jpg

Nice, although I think 80's are meh

True, but it's all I can afford Tony. Just a battered old 80 series. :disrelieved:

I missed the boat on a 80. I remember drooling over one in the 90's, but as a poor SAFFA just off the boat there was no way I could afford one.

They are a labour of love these days, and I just don't have the time or spare funds for one nowadays.

Most of my drooling nowadays can be blamed on being very very old.

Mine is driving so well at the moment that I figured that spending the cash on a new front end was worth it. There's no question that it's the second best 80 I own.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ah. But it is the "goto" 80!

I didn't think the wings were that overpriced TBH. i was just glad they were still available. the 80 looks much better with them..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back