Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota standing by there products

warrenpfo

I know we are not a forum who "bash" our local dealers or Toyota as a whole in general and for those who do I just wanted to let you know that after two calls and one visit to my local Toyota dealer I am having both top and bottom sections to my 2003 Landcruiser amazon tailgate replaced free of charge due to the 10 or is it 12 year body and rust guarantee Toyota have.

I have been very impressed and it may have taken 4 months to get the sign off but the parts are on order and as soon as they arrive should be done in a day.

Thank you and well done Toyota for standing by your word.

P.s anyone with a 100 that has rust in the top or bottom tailgate section should be able to have the same done as it is a common fault.

Show us a pic then chap. Where is the problem?

Was there a recall notice... customer satisfaction notice on this ?

I'm happy for you and just thought it worth mentioning most manufacturers extend a bodywork and paint garantee that runs far longer than the initial warranty . It's in the small print and might be of help to someone having similar problems with the wifes car for example .

Not that I know.

It's the usual where the top section starts to rust from the inside out and you only start to notice it when small spots appear around the unlock handle and reverse camera section.

The bottom section is also going from the inside our and you notice it around the key hole and the screw holes for the number plate.

Happy to take some pictures but it will have to be tomorrow.

Impressive result, especially considering most dealers would see which of 45 different ways they could say 'no'. Well done & looking forward to pics when possible.:clap:

Could you ask them if they did an extended warranty that lasted for..oh I don't know say 16 years? That would be nice :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Result,

Well done.

I like Toyota.

Gra,

Hi Warren

Which dealership is it? Might have to quote what happened to Westlands Stourbridge. I assume you did not have a Toyota extended warranty and are claiming under the cover supplied new with the car which then automaticlly transfers to subsequent owners?

Frank

Frank

It was Toyota Bracknell.

I am the second owner with no extended warranty that I know of.

The two number plate screw holes

8594844833_9650c94def.jpg
8595941258_a312944f47.jpg

8594837527_5bf1b3bccf.jpg
8595933886_606058bd0f.jpg
8594828751_2be1a8c95b.jpg
8594824883_c5285b3d94.jpg
8594820419_8eb1714246.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics and the heads up Warren... better go take a look.

Thanks Warren

I thought the anti corrosion warranty only kicked in when you had perforation of a body panel. Those that I've read in the past certainly stated so but I don't think I've read a Toyota one. I'll do some research unless you can quote the wording.

Thanks for your help
Frank

I've only just joined the forum today - this is great information to know. Engine started and on way to main dealer now!
Neil

Following water ingress through the rear number plate light lenses which gradually started rusting the inside of the rear door of my 2005 LC5, I contacted Mr T through Lancaster (Durham) as a shot in the dark. Mr T`s warranty man inspected the door & despite my initial cynicism, agreed to replace the entire rear door & also the rear windscreen wiper motor which they damaged during removal & refitting and all work was FOC. It is wonderful these days for a company like Toyota to honour a warranty on an 8 year-old car instead of disregarding the customer & this for me reinforces brand loyalty. Thank you Mr T & Lancaster Durham & Merry Xmas.

Back