Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Track rod end swap?

wobbly

Garage
I recall reading that after a suspension lift it is a good idea to swap track rod ends for a different make (ok, I think its the track rod ends, and it might have been mazda!).

Does this ring any bells, did look throught the old threads but cant find it again.

Am going to do the outer cv joint, new discs and pads on the front, and this modification, all at the same time as I have access to a workshop for a couple of days.

Cheers

Pete

I think you have that confused with swapping the arb links from a Nissan Teranno. Why would you swap the track rod ends?

Chris

Yes, I'm sure Chris is right and it's the ARB drop links that you might want to swap for extended ones after a SL.

I had my Ironman (40mm) lift done just before Xmas and haven't bothered swapping the drop links - nor was I planning to TBH .... :?

What category does this mod fall into - recommended/not essential but better/just showing off....?? ;)

Hi is the Terrano rear ones which go on the front, Milner's do them, part no:

000485 "Suspension Anti Roll Link Rear ED002"

And I believe it's the front Toyota ones which go on the rear. Here's my thread where I replaced them on LB:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11812&start=10

Hi

Thanks - I am collating all the threads with photos for all the jobs to do them all in one go.

ARB drop links - no idea why I thought it was track rod ends!

Pete

TBH My rear antiroll bar fell off about 3 months ago, well it was hanging on just by the drop links the day before its MOT so I took the whole thing off. been driving around with it off ever since and I can't really say that I feel any difference. Just throwing another option into the offing

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Chris

Nah,my mot tester wont have it, he failed my 78 when I tried that last year - the vehicle had it from the manufacturer so he reckons it needs it for the mot, he's not a bad lad and does me lots of work cheap, so I didnt argue.

Cheers

Pete

Resurrecting the thread....

At my usual lightning pace, im doing the job now.

I looked on Milners site, looks like its the same rear link for both models of terrano.

Out of interest, how much longer is the Terrano rear link versus the LC front one?

Pete

Bout an inch or so.

There is a whole thread on it somewhere.

C

I'm ordering a couple to do when I get back from my Rospa course, simple enough job I think.

Cheers

Pete

Back