Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Transfer box - Looking for a reconditioned box

Will

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi all,

Quick introduction; I've had a landcruiser for 4 years now, and last winter I heard the dreaded knock underneath, this turned out to mean a fortnight over Xmas without my car, which is a bit of a drag as a farmer. I got back on the road with a reconditioned transfer box and all was well.

11 months on, and the box has gone already. I'm told it can't be rebuilt as it is that smashed up, less than 10 000 miles, admittedly a couple of thousand of those will be in heavy clay fields, sometimes with the centre diff engaged... as would be expected. Sadly as its in such a poor state, they will not cover a reconditioned box under warranty, but have offered to find another to recon, and do it for cost...

My final problem: its been a week of them searching and nothing has come up, they are having a real hard time finding one, with the best offer being a second hand one for £700 - this has been advised as a poor choice due to my heavy workload, so I'm at a real loss here!

Can anyone help source one, give me some contacts, or know of a master that can work my transfer box back into shape (for a measly farmers wages)???

edit: adding LC details

2002 Auto Colorado VX
cheers

Back