Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Transfercase seal ???

Ducktape

Hi Gents,

My '02 D4D Collie (1KD-FTV) is "bleeding" after our 18000mile overland trip to Africa... I have a slight leak on the transfercase rear-end (the main big cover that bolts on at the rear). My question is: Does anyone know if there is a seal that fits in there or are they metal-on-metal covers with a bit of gasket maker to form a propper seal?

Many thanks!

Steve

Picture

To clarify which "seal" I'm reffering to... When you look at the transfer case from the rear you will see the main cover with about 13 bolts that secure it in place (the seal is for this cover) and the rear prop shaft attaches at the top shaft which have another cover. I noticed a slight drip from the bottom of the transfer box. Oh, and by the way this is on a manual gearbox. Thanks,
transfercase seal.JPG

Last edited:
Hi,

I replied to you on "The other side" with pictures - its a metal-to-metal joint with gasket cement.

I was going to ask about the bikes.... Then realised they were mine :lol:.

Bob.

Ha-ha, caught out...:doh: This is what happens when you're too lazy to take your camera and go take a picture of your own vehicle thus rather 'borrow' one... I guess all I can say is Thanks!
(PS: I used to have a Suzuki SV650s, Suzuki Bandit 650 & Kawasaki ER500 before we left London, if that counts...:dance:)

Back