Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Troop Campers. Hire an overlander!

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Literally bumped into this chap in Scotland whilst out shooting this weekend. Pulled up in a very nice Patrol all kitted out with appropriate gear. Turns out to be a 'neighbour' to our estate and has set this business up recently. I have no need to hire an overland prepped vehicle myself, but there may be others who do.

http://www.troopcampers.com

Support sounded really good and it turned out that he knew people like Stan and out very own Jules V. He went to the Overland gathering and knew TonyS etc. So one of the good guys, we'd hope. Didn't like the unquestioning following of the Green Oval either, so he gets a ten in my book. Oh come on only kidding.

He has a very nice spot up in the Borders there, maybe there could be some potential for a Northern Gathering at some point. There is an off road place a couple of miles down the road (or was)

Anyway, not making any claims, but seemed fair to give him a shout on our site. Couple of very nice 78 Troopies.

Chris

I can vouch for Nick & Linda (Troopcampers), they are a very nice couple, well travelled, down to earth and friendly.

I meet them both last year and spent some time with them on the show scene. Their vehicles are very nice, especaily the troopies, they are in top nick, well equipped and prepped correctly.

They had a stand at the overland show this past weekend. They were very busy chatting to potential customers all day. I wish them every success with their business, and hopefully for future growth.

Cheers.

Sadly they've wound the business up now. We had met them a few times at 4x4 shows and seemed a good idea but they rang a week or so back to say they were winding it up. Shame.

Yes, very unfortunate they were a nice couple.

The hire market in the UK is a tricky one, you can never charge enough to cover costs.

sad, it seems small business is a dying breed.

i wonder if they saw the short term renter and tailered the setups to them, if the business would have floated better?

i know the wife and i are thinking seriously of doing a trip to Scotland and Ireland for a month or two and the idea of renting a troopie would have tickled my fancy ...

of course a tourguide would have worked well.

Back