Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Troopie 1HDFTE

Wow - thats awesome!!! Sod Declan, where's my tin opener!!!

The target was 24 hours Roger but my dickie knee conked out on the way down Scafell so I didn't manage to complete Snowdon :( We had climbed Scafell & Snowdon as training exercises before the main event so I have climbed them all really... :ugeek:

The main reason for undertaking the mission was as a charity fund raiser & in that respect I was much more than successful - thanks to many fine folk on here & elsewhere I think I was no.1 on the fundraising!!! :D

Cheers

Busy having a door cut in and fitted just behind the passenger door. It will look something like this, but will be a suicide door. The idea is to make it open 180deg so it will be completely open, against the side of the car. Then I will fit a kitchen in that door.

attachment.php?attachmentid=100718&stc=1&d=1308400161.jpg

This is just one that I saw on TV and took a pic of the TV.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Added my canvas false roof that houses the third bunk.

Bottom view with the whole thing deployed.
05072011010.jpg

Inside, from the bottom again.
05072011009.jpg

Sleep bunk from the top. This has a mattress.
05072011008.jpg

Ok I have played some more.

I fitted a Mad Man EMS1 monitor http://www.madman.co.za

So currently I am monitoring
EGT
Oil Pressure
Battery voltage.

I still need to implement
CHT Cylinder head temp
Oil Temp
Coolant level

Also fitted a boost gauge.

Also fitted a "Tuning box" chip.

Modified the actuator on the turbo to up the boost from 0,7 to 0,9bar boost.

This car now hauls. Feels like a 100VX, if not stronger.

I just felt that the power was not what it could be and neither was the car pulling through the rev range as it should.

So I took out the cat. It is blocked. So I put in a straight link and NOW she hauls.

Damn I am liking this car more by the day.

I can use this bed when I am alone in the car, or the co-driver can sleep and I can drive. So in actual fact, we can drive 23hrs out of 24.

12092011100.jpg

Fitted the left rear hatch.

Now for the right hand side.

The little frame, between the latches, is the strut on the back so that it is stable and does not scratch the car.
24112011194.jpg

I used a 1,6mm sheet for the table. So I added 2 x alu angles along the bottom to make it strong enough.
24112011193.jpg

Just the right height to be practical.
24112011192.jpg

As you can see, it stands slightly proud of the spats. Nothing but that little s/steel frame keeps it away and keeps it stable.
24112011191.jpg

Tomorrow I will do the box that must go on the inside, so I can access it from the outside.

Back