Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Truck for sale, 1993 HDJ-81 with some bits...

I'm selling my truck which I've had since 2004. Its an HDJ-81, 180k on the clock, lifted slightly courtesy of OME shocks and springs, ARB front end with IPF spots, HID headlamps which make the spots redundant in many ways, Patriot rack and Eeziawn awning, South African all cotton seat covers, sunshine roof, front, centre and rear diff locks, all working as of today when I graunched a bit of loose stuff, the centre diff does NOT come on automatically in low thanks to the mod, auto gearbox A442F which has been regularly looked after and a minor problem with lock up sorted... turned out to be a bent pin on a connector...all bodily fluids recently changed, injectors and fuel pump stripped and serviced (all done at the wonderful Overland Cruisers), timing belt replaced end of 2012, about 4 thousand k ago, aircon regassed which means the centre console fridge chills the beers... new front discs and new brake pads all round October 2012...a lot of money spent on it towards the end of last year.

Having driven it today around my part of London I'm wondering why I'm selling but plans for the future include travelling in a different way and using more modest vehicles. And walking. I haven't asked him but I'm sure Julian V will vouch for the car as he's seen a bit of her recently in my attempt to keep up with some of the maintenance. The engine is sweet and since the injectors and fuel pump were serviced and the fuelling reset, the truck flies like theres an intercooler fitted.

It'll be a sensible price but rather than post pictures and prices here I'd rather do it all via PM and then email and 'phone, rather than clutter up the forum. Easier for me to manage. Also posting images here is tricky from my website and I'm not mad on the Flickrs of this world. Happy to give as much info as is required and helpful but would prefer Pm to start with.

Cheers

Jeremy

She's under offer so anyone interested in owning a relatively rare truck should leap in quick.

Jeremy

Great truck, if you are after a decent 80, do not hesitate.
Good luck with the sale Jeremy

It looks like the guy who's done all my MOTs bar one for the last 10 years is going to buy the truck. Deal to be concluded middle of next week but anyone looking for a good 80 series auto still has time... but you'll have to outbid him.

Jeremy

Back