Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Turbo gone - how to know engine is ok?

So I have the intake manifold and the engine ports all cleaned now, messy dirty job which I hope I won't be doing again for a good while.

Intake-carbon.jpg

My cam cover also had some dry carbon caked to it's plastic. I removed the crank case breather section within the cam cover and cleaned it all out too.

Cam-cover.jpg

I've finally starting to reassemble everything now :)

I have this back up and running, seems fine so far. Just taking it easy for the first few drives.

Just want to say thanks for all the replies, tips, torque figures etc that fellow members gave. :)

So after finally sourcing a copy of TechStream here are my injector results:
I believe from reading this forum that anywhere within +-3 is within spec, so I think mine are looking good on a cold engine. Any thoughts otherwise feel free to enlighten me :)

IMG-7385.jpg

Can you post a photo of all the live data once the engine is up to temp and everything including Aircon/radio/other loads switched off? Is yours a manual or auto?

Mines a manual. That was just ideling with everything turned off. They’re the correct values to look at yeah, the “revised injection volume 1” etc yeah?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Post the full screen if you can - thats just a selection

I have never used TechStream before this, when your man got it working I just asked him could he check the injectors and I assumed that was the results there. Here's another pic where he selected them all with a graph. Is this not the correct values to check them, does selecting them on their own show different results than to the overall section like above? You'll have to tell me exactly how to check them if above is the wrong place as I'm yet to play around with it.

One thing I did notice when he had it working yesterday was I didn't think it seemed very user friendly interface wise, seems messy layout compared to the VCDS / VagCom I'm more familiar with. But I'm sure when I get time to play with it I'll figure it out.

IMG-7384.jpg

Just have a look at live engine data - there should be a screen with two columns of data if I remember rightly. You dont need to worry about the graphs, just get all the numbers up. Note that in your examples the engine isnt warmed up (coolant 45 deg needs to be 85 or so?) so the injector values arent reliable yet....

Back