Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Typical Toyota, first attempt start in over a decade.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
As I had cleared my house garage out and installed my 61 in to restore ( which had been in storage since 2010) I'd got it fairly stripped down to remove panels which were past their best. This was driven to its storage in 2010 but towed back and installed in my garage pushed in with a fork lift.
In a change of direction I have an agreed sale of said truck but the buyer wanted to hear it run. This has not been started for 12-13 years so Al and I rigged a can to the lift pump with fresh diesel, bled it to the filter and.....guess what? he liked the vid and its sold.

This wasn't a surprise as I've woken a good few ancient 2H ( yes I know its a 12HT) engines up. I was just holding it a touch on the pedal. They always start. I ran this for a year before I laid it up and it was a pearl of an engine.

Job the other day..... go to a huge GAZ 6x6 Russian truck that had been left outside for 10 years and get it running .
Put some fuel in it , primed the carb ( It's a massive petrol V8 ) put a battery on it ....tipped a little fuel down the carb and a mate cranked it over while I sat on the wing and it fired up after a few turns on about 4 cylinders...spat and back fired a bit then all 8 chimed in and within a couple of minutes it ticked over like a Lexus , clutch wasn't seized and she drove onto the low loader next day .
I can confirm when a Gaz V8 backfires through the carb the resulting mushroom cloud of flame rises up and gets deflected down making the wing a very warm place to be kneeling ;-)

Back