Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Typical Tyre mileage life on a Colorado - <15k miles or more

MisterCruiser

Country Flag
ireland
I noticed my front tyres are getting low, they've only done 10,000 miles and I doubt there's another 5,000 in them, is this typical for the front of a colorado or what do you's fellow owners get out of them. I'll admit, I bought a cheap brand as it's not a daily driver, I buy premium branded tyres for my car but the equivalent for the cruiser I thought weren't worth the extra cash. I'd still expect better mileage out of the budget tyres though. They're Cratos Roadfors brand, I know, I'd never heard of them before either, lol :p It's not a tarcking issue, I got it tracked, they're wearing ok pattern wise, it's just they're well down evenly.

My rears have nearly 20,000 miles on them and they're still a lot less worn then the front's, again I bought a cheap brand but they are wearing a lot better. They're "Constancy" brand, again were cheap, similar price to the Cratos but seem longer lasting.

Is it typical for the fronts to wear a lot quicker due to the engine weight, or does that make much difference, or does the fact the rears drive too mean you should get even wear across front / rears if front weight not an issue.

What miles do any of ye folks get out of premium tyres like Bridgestones, etc... wondering if it's worth paying the extra this time for a premium tyre.

Fronts always wear quicker because they work harder so i swap front to back corner to opposite corner periodically . 10K miles seems very low to me but assuming they are road tyres i haven't got a clue .
I've a set of cooper mud tyres that have been swapped between 3 trucks and back and several times so ive no idea on mileage but at around 7 years old i do think its time i scrapped them .

33's or 35's people often say bet they are expensive to which i reply about 150 quid each every 5 years or more probably makes them cheaper than Fiesta tyres in long run .

My Hankook Dynapro RT10s have around 63k miles on the (yes 63 thousand) and they are roughly half worn (have about 5-6mm tread front and rear, new were about 10-12mm).

I'll probably change them in the next year or so because they are nearly 10 years old (though no cracking or perishing yet), not because of wear.

Not unusual to get high mileage out of AT tyres though.

How many km or miles on your 90? Mine had quite bad front tyre wear until I replaced my lower control arm bushes.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just thought my first set of 285/75 cooper muds wore out uneven and quite quick because i eventually worked out i needed new trailing arm and panhard bushes .

Like i said with your lower front wishbones , Collie bushes don't wear out and fail but instead go on and on long after they should be replaced .

I just about squeezed 80k out of my last set of bfg at's on the 100.
I moved them round the car and kept the pressures consistent, they were not cheap but felt they were well worth the money, not 1 puncture either

That much wear at 10k is ridiculous... victim of the tyre brand I think. I have had 2 sets of Michelin latitude cross cover 70,000 miles each

There is no alignment for the rear only good bushes keep it straight so see the first pic in this diagram and imagine what rear wheel steer will do to your tyres

1622450264509.png

Back