Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre step

warrenpfo

Has anyone got or used one of these and can give me the pros and cons. I am wanting to figure out a way of getting onto my RR without having to bolt on a ladder full time and something like this seems to make sense.

469.png

showImage.aspx

SpareTyreStep4.JPG

I don't have any actual experience of them, but have heard quite a few positive comments. I'm possibly in the market for one. I fitted a rear door ladder beore my last trip, but need to prop the door open due to the extra weight. I'm just about to buy a rear bumper/carrier, and will then take the ladder off and fit something along these lines. Look forward to hearing what you find out.....

Just looking at it, not actually used one, but doesn't look very good compared to a ladder, only room for 1 foot at a time, not much to guide your foot into the right place coming down, quite spaced away from the roof on a Landcruiser once you get on top so even harder to get your foot in the right place without slipping off and braking something ... and to actually get onto the roof it's quite a stretch from top of spare tyre height onto the roof / roof tent, tried that.

Why not just put some stronger struts or maybe just some new ones on yours Andrew? (and where are the pictures! :icon-wink:)

What a strange first post? Spammer me thinks

Nothing to see... move along :wtf: (Was a spammer and some junk which has now been pruned by a god :whistle:)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back