Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

tyres tyres tyres

landcruiserjohnb

Hi Guys
I need to replace my tyres on the cruiser, all 4 of them.
Because this is a big expense maybe costing me 600 or 800 euro, i am interested in what people think.
I have run General Grabber AT2 for the past 6 and 1/2 years without any problems really and they still have tread on them.
I have found they will slip at roundabouts for the last while in the wet, nothing extreme but its time for a change I think.
I would like an AT tyre that is good in the wet on the road.
I have read loads of reviews praising both the Grabber and the Goodridge TA.

the BF Goodrich are expensive ...but will last years

If you're looking for decent on-road manners then maybe AT2s are best again? If they're slipping with your driving style then MTs are going to terrify you.
Maybe the new Cooper ST/C(?) that Paul just put on his 100 series might be worth a try?

I had Pirelli Scorpion ATs for a while and they were very good on road but I am not sure they still make ATs.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Craddocks are quite good on prices at the moment.

Red Oktober said:
the BF Goodrich are expensive ...but will last years

That's now unlikely with the new compound they're having to use. the days of them last 80,000 miles are over.

I would say take a look at the Cooper ST Maxx.

I paid £130 each for the ST Maxx

good price that Paul - have they got them in 35" yet?? :drool:

If anyone needs tyres fitted at home by an EXPERT in the West Midlands I can recommend someone. I and my neighbour had 4 tyres fitted each and were most impressed with price and service. P.M. me.

Frank

Might be worth calling them though, they never seem to keep website up to date........if you can understand them that is. :lol:

Ick ack burrodar...

Is like communicating with them blooming derbyshirers...

:lol:

ey up thee, wachit!

Or eyll get ma mate on yer. Derbyshire born, Derbyshire bred. Strong in't arm an thick in't ed. Thar'll be gerrin a smack yooth ifen tha guz on like that..

C

I have absolutely no idea what that means by the way.

C

Back