Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

UK next?

Never said you couldn't question it, or even criticise it. But I don't think faith depends on being told what to do or how or when to do it - that heads into dogma for me. I have faith that the sun will not explode tomorrow. No-one tells me it won't and there's no structure to that faith but that's why it's faith :lol: and if I'm wrong well ooops - but it won't matter. And I don't have to convince you of my faith either - only I have to be happy with it.

Sheesh - hospital waiting rooms screw with your mind :lol:

Faith is about having a belief in something as Gary says. No one says that has to be religion. You can faith in the goodness of people. You won't understand the difference unless you disassociate the word faith from the the concept of religion. It's like associating hunger with food. Unless you understand that hunger can mean something else you'll always be headed for the fridge. :whistle:

You can have faith in your dog, your dog can have faith in you. But agree that there has to be something to have faith in. You can't just have 'faith'. I think it's a word that has been hijacked. We have faith schools. No we don't we have religious schools.

Chris

ok, I get what you saying in that context. In the context of the thread though is where I was getting confused. I was taking it as "someone has faith i.e. they believe in a god" but not in a religious sense.

Is having faith in your Land Rover then like having blind faith? :pray:

Ahh, but faith in it to do what, my Son?

C

:mrgreen: oh some of this stuff if funny, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
'Cause I gotta have faith...

Baby
I know you're asking me to stay
Say please, please, please, don't go away

lyrics NOT from memory

I'm a Muslim, Alhamdulillah (not IslamIST, read TerrorIST).
I was born in the UK.
I love you all, even the haters, as really they have been fooled, but I will say, you've let yourself be fooled

I don't want your life, your country, your money, your wife, or your children.
If I may make a suggestion, and that is if you are going to make such a strong opinion, that effects billions of people in this world, then get an english copy of the Qur'aan, read it and then make a judgement on Islaam.

Oh and ... I own a very nice hdj80, and I love that too.
Go easy on the hatred....

Imtiaz

Sadly, the press need the haters as much as the haters need the press, its a fire that feeds itself.

I always liked that saying about a few good men, something about them standing by and evil triumphing? Aspirational.

My feeling? We should all get out and see the world, and we should welcome the world to us, but those that bring hatred have no place, not here, not anywhere. I tend to believe that we think the same here, we have an over-riding interest in exporation and a search for knowledge, ok, its wrapped up as Toyota, but just imagine where your Toyota can take you.

My 2p.

Travel easy.

Pete

Back