Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ummm, forever Toyota Land Cruiser, I think?

I think posting up advice and warning stories is great, it’s a big part of what forums are about, but there’s a way to do that and clearly setting out with an intention to antagonise people is probabaly not the best way to do it. Pissing someone off by being offensive is unlikely to induce someone to be interested in what you say and is even likely to alienate those you haven’t directly attacked just because it leaves a bad taste.
Btw, my vehicle doesn’t have a turbo, does have a snorkel (or pre cleaner as it should be correctly termed) and raised axle breathers but I still wouldn’t take it wading over bonnet height voluntarily.
If you have something to say or contribute, by all means do, we’re all ears, but there’s no need to do that in an offensive or insulting manner, it just makes you look like the shouty twat (ooops:yum:) who hopes noise will cover up for lack of substance.

?? Now let's get back to our landcruiser's shall we? Anyone changed their oil recently?
Yes, it’s all over the fucking drive!! My gearbox/transfer box seal has gone so I got a bypass hose from oz as a temporary fix. Took the filler off the gearbox and it jettisoned 3 litres of oil all over me and the drive (managed to catch some in a tub!)!!!

Yes, it’s all over the fucking drive!! My gearbox/transfer box seal has gone so I got a bypass hose from oz as a temporary fix. Took the filler off the gearbox and it jettisoned 3 litres of oil all over me and the drive (managed to catch some in a tub!)!!!
I wondered what the slick was off Felpham beach…

:whistle:

Runs and hides…

Having kept out of this, I think there has been a fair amount of wrong assumption from many directions, coupled with posts from people who don’t know each other being taken and able to be taken the wrong way. A large helping of stirring from a certain quarter hasn’t helped.

Vince, Welcome, I’ve enjoyed reading your informative posts and your Dusted one is a cautionary tale for all the reasons you state.

Intercooler, perhaps flushing internally with a good fill of brake cleaner (degreaser essentially) and shake about then empty would be a good bet with hindsight. Hopefully it didn’t take too much abrasive paste into the engine. Sounds ok so far.

Best wishes
Rich

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hindsight is easy, but it’s also the most reliable learning tool.

So its good to share and and good to admit to mistakes, or oversights.

The intercooler on my old Disco used to collect oil from the crankcase breather and required flushing periodically. I just used white spririt, drain for 10-15 mins then refit and never had any issues.

One hell of a good intro thread Vince! Tomorrow will be your first week here and you've clocked up 2000 views and 89 replies! Lol!

If you decide to throw a party, give us a couple of months notice and we'll all come along! Be a heck of a good bash!

Welcome mate!:thumbup::lol:

The intercooler on my old Disco used to collect oil from the crankcase breather and required flushing periodically. I just used white spririt, drain for 10-15 mins then refit and never had any issues.

Hi Towpack, I believe that with the V8 LC200 a solution to this is the catch-can. I have one and both son-in-laws have one fitted.

One hell of a good intro thread Vince! Tomorrow will be your first week here and you've clocked up 2000 views and 89 replies! Lol!

If you decide to throw a party, give us a couple of months notice and we'll all come along! Be a heck of a good bash!

Welcome mate!:thumbup::lol:
Thanks heaps iwan.

Yes Vincent lets all restart and be happy again and maybe get along real nice.

Hi Towpack, I believe that with the V8 LC200 a solution to this is the catch-can. I have one and both son-in-laws have one fitted.

I’ve fitted one to the 1HD-FT diesel in my 80 and it works a treat. It’s from one of the big Vauxhall saloons. It doesn’t self drain into the sump but I just drain and flush it every 2k miles or so. Every turbo diesel Ive ever come across looses some oil mist via the breather, I think it’s just how they are to an extent but excessive blow by past the rings usually makes it much worse. Better catching it in a can than feeding it back through the intake system IMO.

Back