Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ummm, forever Toyota Land Cruiser, I think?

Im not pointing fingers at any one person I have always been told and very much believe that you treat people how you want to be treated and that you can do anything you want to do as long as you dont hurt yourself or others or harm yourself or others now with such a big playing field why would anybody want to walk away from the game i have attended only one overland show where i met Karl and Holly Mr and Mrs Starcruiser Rosy Fbnss and quite a few others families and dogs the reason i joined this club was because of its freindliness and think i will stay because of its freindliness pisstaking i can understand but ripping the shit out of them That i cant

Ok boys and girls; enough. I'm a pretty moderate moderator but this is going nowhere. Sure no one has actually threatened to stab anyone yet, but it's getting just too heated and that's not what most members want. I've refrained from intervening so far because we do encourage free speech and allow members to express opinions.
But only to a point.

Personally I did think the introduction was very unusual and that in a short time the thread got away from itself regardless of its initial intentions.

We're a nice bunch and anyone who doesn't want to play nice even when they violently disagree will be moderated, possible to the point of being moderated completely off the forum in the best interest of keeping the peace.

That includes everyone, not just newbies. Let's get back to talking about Landcruisers. If it's not about Landcruisers, Cruiser life or just friendly banter shared in good spirits then it has no place here.

Everyone. Be nice, contribute, learn or be somewhere else. This is the first and last warning peeps.

This thread will self destruct in 5, 4, 3 .......

"1 to 2."

No clue what you mean by this nor do I or anybody I think cares either

"I thought it would be helpful from landcruiser owners."

It is extremely helpful, just you chose not to embrace the good intentions of others forum members.

"not back biting finger pointing "mines better, that's over priced""

That's discussion and what some members want to do.

"and some haven't even got one."

So what, there is no prerequisite to being part of this forum by being a Land cruiser owner

" I have got my cruiser fixed but not from ANY information from this site. From a guy who knows a great amount about land cruisers."

great, that's good news then why not share this information with on the forum and help others

"Tell me more about this other site"

Google it , It ain't that hard to find

Last point. You never did answer the question if you have actually met or talked to a fellow forum member, I take it you didn't then.....

Say hi to Simon
Who the f*ck is Simon. I have spoken to members face to face and they seem good guys so lets make that good guys 3 to 2 how can little old me tell you all knowing experts anything and you listen. no I paid money out on what I was told wasted and then I paid out and had it fixed. its on a need to know.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Who the f*ck is Simon. I have spoken to members face to face and they seem good guys so lets make that good guys 3 to 2 how can little old me tell you all knowing experts anything and you listen. no I paid money out on what I was told wasted and then I paid out and had it fixed. its on a need to know.
So your trans is fixed? Excellent.................... happy for you, xx

Ok boys and girls; enough. I'm a pretty moderate moderator but this is going nowhere. Sure no one has actually threatened to stab anyone yet, but it's getting just too heated and that's not what most members want. I've refrained from intervening so far because we do encourage free speech and allow members to express opinions.
But only to a point.

Personally I did think the introduction was very unusual and that in a short time the thread got away from itself regardless of its initial intentions.

We're a nice bunch and anyone who doesn't want to play nice even when they violently disagree will be moderated, possible to the point of being moderated completely off the forum in the best interest of keeping the peace.

That includes everyone, not just newbies. Let's get back to talking about Landcruisers. If it's not about Landcruisers, Cruiser life or just friendly banter shared in good spirits then it has no place here.

Everyone. Be nice, contribute, learn or be somewhere else. This is the first and last warning peeps.

This thread will self destruct in 5, 4, 3 .......
I feel badly now - because I challenged Vinces' post by saying that re-fitting an uncleaned intercooler was a bad plan - that seemed to cause and attract a lot of flack.............................. but also a lot of support. If I've caused trouble I truly apologise................................
ps. NEVER re-fit a dirty intercooler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Repl
"1 to 2."

It is extremely helpful, just you chose not to embrace the good intentions of others forum members.

So what, there is no prerequisite to being part of this forum by being a Land cruiser owner

" I have got my cruiser fixed but not from ANY information from this site. From a guy who knows a great amount about land cruisers."

great, that's good news then why not share this information with on the forum and help others

Last point. You never did answer the question if you have actually met or talked to a fellow forum member, I take it you didn't then.....

Say hi to Simon

Hi Mussy
You make good sense, thanks for your advice.
Regards

"1 to 2."

Say hi to Simon
Hey Mussy
I think you may think Kirra?? is Simons wife/partner. Let me assure you that is not the case. Simon is my son-in-law and is a truly nice guy. He would be horrified to have read what is going on here as quite frankly I am. But I have thick skin. Also, Sime would be horrified to have read the bit about fitting dirty/unclean things back onto his car given the great length he went to to make sure everything was sparkling clean. With regards to the Intercooler, it was on advice that Simon stood and drained any oil that was in it. He was asked not to hit it with the pressure cleaner and not to flush it with water.

Let me assure you and anyone else that I have meant no malice to any member but it is sometimes hard to have s**t poked at you by someone who doesn't know the circumstances of a situation. Also, as previously said, everyone is can learn in hindsight, even me.

So, how do you know Simon? small world hey.
Vince

Vince. Crossed wires here. The reference was to a completely different Simon who runs a series of highly dictatorial web forums. Which to cut a very long story short, is why we have this one now and why we try very hard not to suppress discussions up until the point that they become offensive, racist, sexist or simply too bad taste even for us. Occasionally something comes along which unbalances the usual harmony; as in this case. But we generally smooth things out.

Vince. Crossed wires here. The reference was to a completely different Simon who runs a series of highly dictatorial web forums. Which to cut a very long story short, is why we have this one now and why we try very hard not to suppress discussions up until the point that they become offensive, racist, sexist or simply too bad taste even for us. Occasionally something comes along which unbalances the usual harmony; as in this case. But we generally smooth things out.
Hello Chris, wasn't the reference to Simon made by Mussy. If this is a crossed wire must be a huge co-incidence, but happy to accept the call.
regards
Vince

Hello Chris, wasn't the reference to Simon made by Mussy. If this is a crossed wire must be a huge co-incidence, but happy to accept the call.
regards
Vince

It'll be the same one... it's a bit of an inside joke unfortunately, but Simon is the moderator/admin at the Other Place.

all good again; even the weather.
just to start something completely different :
anyone watched soccer ? what did England do? :whistle:

regards
Vince

Chris is correct in my reference to Simon, no offence intended to you or your Simon, apologies for that. My beef which I won't repeat or continue was on something else said and just be sure this was not by you.

Back