Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ummm, forever Toyota Land Cruiser, I think?

Hi Keira,
I hope you're well.................. how's your gearbox issue? many of us were concerned about that but [to my knowledge....] you never told us the outcome.......................................
Possibly you ought to sel you LC - buy a Land Rover and join "Landyzone" I think it's exactly the forum for you. Kind regards.......................
0 to 1

Wow, What have I landed myself into?

To any other would-be-judge, I really don't care, hope you all have a healthy and wise futue, free from any Toyota problems that you as a group can't solve and try to get a life. Best regards.

What you have landed yourself into Vincent is a friendly, helpful community in which your comments are inflammatory to say the least.

"You don't care"? Well we don't care for your HTT attitude and as for "get a life" I'm sure we all are fairly satisfied with the ones we have already thank you!

Now i might be at the handle end of a sharp knife but having read Vincents two posts i thought they were very good reads from his personal experience that being that a mistake was made by putting adblu in the fuel tank and after getting the tank drained at a Toyota dealership they forgot the fuel lines and filter have one fluffed engine going nowhere on holiday and Dusted was about buyer beware a kitted out truck brought unseen and untested by yung uns which at first sight on delivery looked too good to be true but then a fair few ks later one more fluffed engine and the best part of 22 thousand Aussie pounds and dirty arms legs and all things covered in oil grease sweat and manure later the kids get to go back on holiday No me thinks Vincents stories say if you want the job done properly do it yourself and never trust your kids to spend there pocket money wisely and that shown a bit of love and tenderness your truck may not be bullet proof but it will save your life that is if you still posess one after reading this I would like to read more of Vincents writings i was under the impression that a snorkle would supply clean air to an engine spose in a way it was half of a V8 but what about us with a 6 pot also more to do with those who drive in extreme dust and desert food for thought or dust in your sandwiches enjoy yer lunch ta steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Now i might be at the handle end of a sharp knife but having read Vincents two posts i thought they were very good reads from his personal experience that being that a mistake was made by putting adblu in the fuel tank and after getting the tank drained at a Toyota dealership they forgot the fuel lines and filter have one fluffed engine going nowhere on holiday and Dusted was about buyer beware a kitted out truck brought unseen and untested by yung uns which at first sight on delivery looked too good to be true but then a fair few ks later one more fluffed engine and the best part of 22 thousand Aussie pounds and dirty arms legs and all things covered in oil grease sweat and manure later the kids get to go back on holiday No me thinks Vincents stories say if you want the job done properly do it yourself and never trust your kids to spend there pocket money wisely and that shown a bit of love and tenderness your truck may not be bullet proof but it will save your life that is if you still posess one after reading this I would like to read more of Vincents writings i was under the impression that a snorkle would supply clean air to an engine spose in a way it was half of a V8 but what about us with a 6 pot also more to do with those who drive in extreme dust and desert food for thought or dust in your sandwiches enjoy yer lunch ta steve
1 to 1

Steve, you dropped these:

,,,,,...;;

:tonguewink:

No i did not what you have to do is take a very deep breath and then read it out loud all in one go without getting out of breath going very bright red passing out or going away in a private ambulance you know the shiney black ones or you could read it slowley between sips of a drink of you choice and try to make some sort of sense of it i have to reread it a few times to make sure it makes sense as have said before not all that sharp Do hope this makes things as clear as hiding your hand behind your back on a foggy day :) ta steve

Not actually smoking anything just beathing in what me neighbours breath out hahahahahaha and now im hungry

Iwan if you go back to the begining Vincent wrote his intro to himself and one more titled Dusted i think it was read the wrong way by some members and has gotten more of a verbal assasination towards him i thought the reading was very good but more slanted towards what not to do in both stories fair to say i think Vincent wont be back which is sad as going by what he has posted we could more than likely learn something as everybody has a different story to tell from their perspective even if they do same thing

Well.................... apart from his Avatar and obviuos attitude I found Vincents posts rather interesting..................... until I read that he'd refitted an uncleaned intercooler from an engine he knew to be totally knackered to a brand new engine and then was surprised it smoked! Not the expert after all!

Hey Waldamar, can you show me where I had claimed to be an expert. I think to the contrary I claimed I was not an expert.

Steve, please allow me to correct one of your observations purely from a logical stand point. Your impression that a snorkel would supply clean air was in fact correct. One instance where it would not be would be in convoy travel with other vehicles where the road dust has been stirred up by the mass. In this case your engine will breathe this dust unless you were the first car in the train. Likewise, when travelling in a vehicle by yourself (no other vehicles), you stir up dust but your engine will generally be ahead of this dust so you will be breathing clean air.

Another qualification I should make is that I am referencing dust roads by what we experience in our 'out-back' where the dust is very fine and thick on the unsealed roads. I do not know if Europe has this condition and I would think the US has it in central desert areas.

Have a look at below pics and you will see what I mean. The second pic is someone who has little regard for his/her vehicle doing donuts in the dust.
Regards
Vince

View attachment 145954 View attachment 145956View attachment 145957View attachment 145954View attachment 145955

Steve, It appears that the pics did not come out in the previous reply so I'll try again.
Regards
Vince.

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
images-1 9.57.38 am.jpeg
images-2.jpeg
off-road-4wd-car-trip-outback.jpg
Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg

Back