Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Uniden mini UHF 5000 80 chanel

CCtiger

Country Flag
australia
Hi folks, just bought a new UHF as I thought the old one was getting on. Plugged everything in same aerial, lights come on, squelch on min, no sound of other people. Tried to transmit nil reply. I spoke to Uniden who said they would email me a way to do a factory "reset". I haven't received an email, 3 hours ago still no reply. Any help would be appreciated as I am leaving on a trip tomorrow.

Hi folks, I contacted Uniden again and they were able to give the details for a factory re set over the phone. PS Not sure why this is required for a straight out of the box set or why the don't include in the manual on how to do this??Anyway mine works now and this is what they told me to do; turn off radio, press and hold menu and scan button together at the same time, turn radio back on after 15 seconds release scan and menu buttons and turn radio off. Turn radio back on and setup how you like ie colour screen and squelch. Hope this helps. take care. CCtiger

Thanks for posting CC. Good that Uniden were able to help you solve it. It's just one of those things I guess.

Back