Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Upper Tailgate Rust and Replacement

Dark Dude

Does anybody know of a viable solution to deal with the well known rust problem affecting the rear upper tailgate of the LC100 Amazon? Also the lid of my central cubby box has snapped. Can that too be repaired or should it be replaced?

Used to be a guy on the bay who sold top tailgates but just checked and there is nothing on at the moment, he showed a picture with about 6 white ones stacked up together...

Used to be a guy on the bay who sold top tailgates but just checked and there is nothing on at the moment, he showed a picture with about 6 white ones stacked up together...
Garry@80breaker has 100 series top tailgates reconditioned available. He also does them for the 80.

I don`t know what You guys have been quoted for brand new tail gates, but when I looked into this last spring, I was not THAT shocked by the price of brand new ones tbh.

There are a few breakers around who may have something viable, have a search on eBay and make a few calls.
My lid also broke, I managed to weld the metal frame clean up the weld and give ot a coat of paint that was over 2 years ago and it is still perfect.
Hope that helps.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back