Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

User Map (help needed)

seems that I've dropped off the map :( How do I get back on?
This goes for everyone:
I've created a new profile field for everyone called Map Location and copied what you have in Location across to it. I use Map Location to display you on the map. About 100 people have a humourous location entered like yours, "sunny Anglesey" When I give that to Google, it tells me to sod off as it is not valid.

So, if you can edit your profile (Settings, top right of screen) and enter something that a sat nav would understand. It does not have to be your exact address (bad?) but the town, area of the town etc and country. If you then wait about an hour, you should see yourself popup.

I think that should be a good compromise.
:cool: Can I have a snippet then on how to shift latitude by n meters? Is it a straight multiplication of something or more?

:cool: Can I have a snippet then on how to shift latitude by n meters? Is it a straight multiplication of something or more?
Just add n * the reciprocal of 111111.1 e.g. n*0.000009 , it's a fudge but should be good enough for what we need :icon-wink:

There are more bits I can do to it but I need to do some work now which pays the bills. How boring... :(

Back