Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Using Eazylift WDH on 200series gxl

Fishbuggy

Country Flag
australia
Easy lift wdh have adjusted to specs but
When caravan on back of cruiser is still nearly 50 mm to low at rear of cruiser
Ball weight is 220 kg anyone know what I should do next

Hi Fishbuggy and welcome. I have no knowledge of your set up, but 220kg, sounds way too heavy, if by ball weight, you mean nose weight, I.e the load transferred to the towball. If I am correct, that means you are carrying too much weight forward of the caravan axle, giving it a nose down appearance, and dragging the lc with it. Of course, you could be overloaded in general, I.e too much weight in back of LCD and too much weight for the caravan capacity. Caravan manufacturers leave small margin for all the gear that goes with it.
We all seem to want to take the kitchen sink ! More info may bring a solution.

Hi Fishbuggy and welcome. I have no knowledge of your set up, but 220kg, sounds way too heavy, if by ball weight, you mean nose weight, I.e the load transferred to the towball. If I am correct, that means you are carrying too much weight forward of the caravan axle, giving it a nose down appearance, and dragging the lc with it. Of course, you could be overloaded in general, I.e too much weight in back of LCD and too much weight for the caravan capacity. Caravan manufacturers leave small margin for all the gear that goes with it.
We all seem to want to take the kitchen sink ! More info may bring a solution.
Thanks traction man cruiser is empty brand new also the caravan manufacturer states it has a 187kg ball weight but is actually 218kg ball weight
Maybe I am being to cautious I had the same van and exited lift wdh on a v8 troopy before this
Thanks anyway cheers

Ok Fishbuggy, no worries. Try posting in 200 series where the guys are more knowledgeable with this model.

What's the ATM of the trailer @Fishbuggy? Most here tend to be 10-15% so i'm guessing in the range of 2000kg?

My 1000kg camper which is near fully loaded at each trip has a ball weight of 100kg give or take.

Back