Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Vinyl Wrapping - Any one do it?

I think wraps are a complete and utter waste of money.
If you want it to look different, work out what sort theme you want and take it to a custom paint shop that has an airbrush artist and have what you want not what some graphic artist thinks you want.
For the price of a wrap you could have the artwork you want.

What he said. If the vehicle is a keeper, do it properly, if its not, then why spend the money on plastic wrap? JMHO...

What he said. If the vehicle is a keeper, do it properly, if its not, then why spend the money on plastic wrap? JMHO...
Are you saying wrapping is not doing it properly? Or do you mean permanently? as I said wrapping gives you the option of returning to original if you sell or just change your mind and would keep original paint pristine, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if an art job cost a lot more than a wrap, also customised wraps are available, log book details don't have to be changed as a wrap is not a permanent change.

Unless I win the lottery or premium bonds wrapping is not something I'm likely to do anyway. If you've ever seen my 80 you would realise I'm not much bothered what it looks like, it is to put it mildly rather cosmetically challenged. :lol:

I think an advantage with a wrap is that it can be removed easily and you're back to original paint that's been protected while covered. :think:
This is more in line with what I am thinking.

When time comes to sell, it will probably not be what the new owner is looking for.

So I can (if I plan to sell) advertise it the way it was before wrapping, and then the way it is now.

It's not a big job to remove. Prospective buyer may even think it is great, who knows?
If I can get the wrap for say £1000, then, it adds some uniqueness, and difference.

Painted on proper, airbrushed, is really kind of permanent.

Gra.

Last edited:
Are you saying wrapping is not doing it properly? Or do you mean permanently? as I said wrapping gives you the option of returning to original if you sell or just change your mind and would keep original paint pristine, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if an art job cost a lot more than a wrap, also customised wraps are available, log book details don't have to be changed as a wrap is not a permanent change.

Unless I win the lottery or premium bonds wrapping is not something I'm likely to do anyway. If you've ever seen my 80 you would realise I'm not much bothered what it looks like, it is to put it mildly rather cosmetically challenged. :lol:

Fair comment, I guess - always thought that if I was going to spend that kind of cash I would want to be pretty sure it was going to be permanent, tis all. Only real exception is if the vehicle is being used for commercial promotional purposes. Just my 2c.

Back