Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Vinyl Wrapping - Any one do it?

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
I am thinking of doing a vinyl wrap on my Land Cruiser.

A couple of vistas have took my imagination way out of orbit, so need a little advice.

The few that I have favoured are as follows, and I invite any one to also please submit any thing they fing on the net, that is also in the same sort of vein as these.
From mine
Land Cruiser 1.jpg
To some thing like these.

1/ Desert:

LC3 desert.jpg
2/ Great Wall
LC3 Great Wall.jpg
3/ Himalaya
LC3 Himalaya.jpg
4/ Sunset
LC3 Sunset.jpg
5/ Tiger
LC3 Tiger.jpg

Which one do you like of these (if any) and do you have any ideas on where thee are more?

Gra.

I like No1 best Graham, what's with the X WORLD logo? I tried entering that web address and got nothing.

FWIW I quite like the green & tiger!

I will throw my choice in, might as well.

First I liked the green tiger one.

Then I changed my mind, now I like the sunset one, with the beach/sea at the bottom.

Tomorrow is another day. :lol:

Gra.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Quite like the Himalaya one - not normally my 'thing' but that's quite good.

I actually like most of those.

My favourites would be Himalaya and Tiger, though desert is my least favourite - I just don't like the way the "sky" makes the truck look two-tone, whereas the others blend in quite well.

@chadr ... I think the "two tone" thing is why i don't like that one as well.

@chadr ... I think the "two tone" thing is why i don't like that one as well.

Looking again, I agree so 4/Sunset is my next choice, I like the reddish colouring of both of them but I see what you mean by two tone.

Last edited:
I quite like the concept of a wrap and have contemplated it myself on a couple of cars but have never taken the plunge. To be honest I'm not too keen on the choices you've posted up but beauty is in the eye of......etc etc. :)

I doubt I will ever wrap the whole car but, I'm just about to order a sheet of 1080 to do the bonnet on my 80 that is suffering from the lacquer flaking off :doh:

I know the only way to put the bonnet problem right is to get it repainted, but I quite like the carbon fiber look.... even if it does only last a few years.

I wrapped a couple of vans in a similar fashion and I,m sure for the 2 was about £2200

D

I took this photo of a car in the car park at Pecorama in Beer (Devon) back in August that had been wrapped :icon-biggrin:

IMG_0981_zpse2baae7d.jpg

I quite liked it :icon-biggrin: It'a amazing what people will do in a Jubilee year :icon-smile:

You'd of thought he could get away without the GB number plates with that lot going on :lol:

Completely unrelated, but I also photographed this in the same car park as I'd never seen one before :icon-smile:

IMG_0978_zps76ff2d6e.jpg

IMG_0977_zps741116e4.jpg

IMG_0979_zpse9120d61.jpg

IMG_0975_zpsdc44aaa7.jpg

IMG_0976_zps11954767.jpg

See them all over the place now :icon-rolleyes: :icon-smile:

Back to vinyl wrapping, what about what Mario Balotelli did to his Bentley Continental GT[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]:shock: :icon-biggrin:

Mario-Balotelli-Bentley.jpg

Mario-Balotelli-Bentley-1.jpg

Back to vinyl wrapping, what about what Mario Balotelli did to his Bentley Continental GT:shock: :icon-biggrin:

Mario-Balotelli-Bentley.jpg

Mario-Balotelli-Bentley-1.jpg
:teasing-knob: I bet he's got matching trousers and jacket too.

Well prices are between £1300 and £2600 for a full wrap
The lower quote asks £25 an hour for about 6 hours for artwork.

Gra.

I think wraps are a complete and utter waste of money.
If you want it to look different, work out what sort theme you want and take it to a custom paint shop that has an airbrush artist and have what you want not what some graphic artist thinks you want.
For the price of a wrap you could have the artwork you want.

I think wraps are a complete and utter waste of money.
If you want it to look different, work out what sort theme you want and take it to a custom paint shop that has an airbrush artist and have what you want not what some graphic artist thinks you want.
For the price of a wrap you could have the artwork you want.

I think an advantage with a wrap is that it can be removed easily and you're back to original paint that's been protected while covered. :think:

Back