Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VZJ95 and KZJ95 : Are the steering bushes the same?

chadr

Garage
Country Flag
england
I'm looking to buy the Super Pro steering bushes from Roughtrax. However they only list them for the diesel version (KZJ95) not the petrol (VZJ95).

I used Roughtrax's "ask via text" option (I didn't see an option to actually speak to someone) a couple of says ago but have not received an answer yet. :thumbdown:

IIRC the steering rack is the same for both but I was hoping someone here could confirm it 100%

Thanks in advance. :)

Thanks. :thumbup:

Thought they were the same but needed to be sure, especially if I'm going to attempt to fit them! :oops: :roll:

BTW - have you done yours?

sorry but got to ask....

a). Did you go Milners or Super Pro (Roughtrax)?
b). Was there a big before and after difference?
c). Was it difficult to do? (Though I know you're handy with a spanner, so it's relative I suppose!)

I got Milners ones cos I was there when i saw them so tholught I may aswell

Yes it did tighten the steering up quite a bit

Not a pleasant job to be honest, the problem if I rember correctly was the vertical bush it was an absolute b..ch to get back into the rack

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers - oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound!

The superpro vertical bush is a 2 piece which just slides in without any drama. The Milners vertical bush is a 1 piece flared at both ends (and is slightly too long) - if you get Milners, cut it in half with a Stanley knife. The Milners horizontal bush was also a real pain - even though this one is 2 piece, it was such a tight fit it would press all the grease off and mushroomed slightly at the end.

I have fitted both sets and the Superpro bushes are much easier to fit.

Thanks, I actually ordered the Super Pro bushes (and 30mm spaces) from Roughtrax last night, so it's encouraging to know they are easier to fit. :thumbup:

I'll wait till the SL is done and then fit the bushes at my leisure.

The bushes and spacers arrived yesterday. Looking at the Superpro D bush, rather than being in 2 pieces, it seem to be cut at 3 o'clock (or 9 o'clock if looking from the other side ;) ) so that you can "open2 and slip it round the arm.

Is this usual?

After Fridayman's comments above, I was expecting it to be in 2 halves ..... :? :?

P.S. Having had a look and feel of the spacers in real life, I can see why they are so (relatively) expensive! :cool:

Both kits have the same design for the "d-bush", it is just the other two that should come in 2 pieces each.

fridayman said:
Both kits have the same design for the "d-bush", it is just the other two that should come in 2 pieces each.

DOH - thanks. :)

:roll: Now unlike me, anybody that was vaguely familiar with these would have probably realised that!! :oops:

I keep learning more every time I work on the truck. I've learnt a lot from the forum, but actually getting my hands dirty has taught me as much again. I just wish I had more time to work on it!

Back