Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VZJ95 RPM Signal

J66P

does anyone know where the rpm signal comes from on a VZJ95, I am thinking it will be the alternaot but not sure which wire. Anyone got any ideas ??

thanks in advance

Won't it most likely be a crank position sensor? Alternator doesn't seem a very good choice if it's that :think:

after doing some further research I am pretty sure you are right, I am thinking its a white wire but could do woth someone confirming if at all possible :think: :think: .

The reason i need to know is when my lpg kit got fitted the rpm signal was took off number 1 injector which the feed comes off of when on heavy over run. Consequence of this is that the lpg tank shut off valve goes in and out and it does my head in when driving in the Peak district where heavy over run is on just about every manouvure

I used a spark plug coil feed for mine (the 12v side ;) ), had to set the ECU software for weak signal detection.

ermmm I wonder if that would work for me ??

The crank position sensor is probably a better bet if you can track it down. What's the engine code for yours, I'm assuming VZJ95 is the model code not engine?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You may find the crank sensor signal, or an amplified version of it, is run to the IG terminal of the 'check' diagnostics connector then, usually in the engine bay somewhere with a flip top. I have some Hilux FSM's that include that engine but I have not got any 90 series FSM.

think i have found that in my Max Ellery manual, its showing a -ve though, would this seem right ?

I found this for a Tacuma with the same engine

4) RPM signal system
Camshaft position and crankshaft position are detected by the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor,
camshaft position is input as a control signal to TERMINAL G2 of the engine control module, and engine RPM is input to
TERMINAL NE+.

Have to say I cant find any reference to the TERMINAL G2 though, I will have a look at the truck tomorrow at both things

IG is the 'igniter' signal not the crank position sensor. -ve would be normal, ECU's usually switch the -ve side of things because it's easier that way and it should be the same (type of signal) for the petrol injector connection it's using at the moment so I can't see why your LPG ECU would have a problem with swapping over to that.

Given the easy availability of IG I take back saying that the crank sensor is a better bet and would just go for IG myself.

I will do and report back tomorrow, both are very easy to get to, that is where is to start with and also the IG terminal in the panel.

Thanks for your help.

I have been goign to look into it for ages and just havent been @rsed so I set myself the challenge to conquer it this weekend if possible, thanks again

Back