Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Waeco fridges

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
So guys. Just looking for other people's opinions and experiences.

We have a cr35 and a 50l Waeco. The bigger one has recently come in a truck that I've bought.

We have used the smaller one on trips for last few years. Before we use it we always clean it out before we go away then clean it when we get back. Every time I come to use it again it alway stinks. Anyone any ideas please?

Question regarding the bigger one.

The handle doesn't seem to hold the lid shut. I haven't had a good look at it yet.the fixing part of the handles fine and it is sprig loaded but it doesn't seem to stay locked. Anyone else got the same issue?

Sorry for a boring post.

Have you tried using the fridge odour things? I keep one in mine after suggested by @Chris. Seems fine with no smells.

I've sorted the handle.
It must have come off with the previous owner and been put back on wrong.

Have you tried using the fridge odour things? I keep one in mine after suggested by @Chris. Seems fine with no smells.

So the stinky fridge thing is the norm then Gary.
Where do you get the Odour things from? Thanks

We have a cr35 and a 50l Waeco. The bigger one has recently come in a truck that I've bought.

We have used the smaller one on trips for last few years. Before we use it we always clean it out before we go away then clean it when we get back. Every time I come to use it again it alway stinks. Anyone any ideas please?

The handle doesn't seem to hold the lid shut. I haven't had a good look at it yet.the fixing part of the handles fine and it is sprig loaded but it doesn't seem to stay locked. Anyone else got the same issue?

Sorry for a boring post.
A

Sorry for a boring post.
After cleaning it out leave the lid open to dry and then put something between the lid to let air circulate in the fridge or freezer that way you do not get stale air as for handle fault cant help you there

A

After cleaning it out leave the lid open to dry and then put something between the lid to let air circulate in the fridge or freezer that way you do not get stale air as for handle fault cant help you there

Thanks Steve.

I'll give it a go soon as we're off away for a few weekends in the coming weeks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Leave the lid ajar when in storage....

I have a couple of spares for the 50l kicking about Karl.

Try and find them out for you

another leave the lid open a bit when not being used and never have odour problems.

Bicarbonate of Soda seems to work. Either a bit in a bowl or similar open container inside the fridge, or wipe down with some on a damp cloth.

What do you think is causing the smell? I've not yet had any smells in my Nat Luna it's a few years old now, the only time it's been cleaned is if there's been a spillage.

A fridge is sealed so the smell is rotten air , the same will happen with your home fridge if its turned off and left with the door shut for long enough .

Was nobody else once young free a single living alone ? I hated pay as you go electric meters but then again i once payed 9 months rent and only actually slept in the place once !

A fridge is sealed so the smell is rotten air , the same will happen with your home fridge if its turned off and left with the door shut for long enough .

Was nobody else once young free a single living alone ? I hated pay as you go electric meters but then again i once payed 9 months rent and only actually slept in the place once !
My fridge is left closed when not in use and I haven't noticed it getting smelly yet.

When I was young free and single the meter in the house I lived in didn't clock up any use but kept supplying the leccy without putting money in, the landlord lived downstairs and me upstairs, he used a paraffin heater for heat and gas for cooking, when he was questioned about the low readings he said I only use the electric for the TV and lighting and they said oh OK and we never heard anymore.

Milton sterilising fluid is good for removing fridge smells. Give it a real good clean with that and it'll be much improved. Don't forget to do inside any folds in any seals.

On my Waeco's I use the fridge fresh things but actually take the lid off and flip it over.This stops it from shutting fully. Never smelly. But I agree if you just leave them, they smell terrible.

Its the same even with our articulated fridge trailers. If you park one up for the weekend with nothing in it and the fridge turned off, if you don't leave a back door open it smells like something has died in it by Monday:dizzy:. As everyone has suggested try and leave the lid ajar.
Cheers, Mark

Must admit mine is stored with lid closed. It does get cleaned out then left a few days to dry first.

My nat luna is kept behind the drivers seat permanently and it has been closed since Lincomb, I checked it this morning and no smell.

Back