Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wales trip 9th to 11th June

back up list
It was just casual comment. Don’t worry about me. I just recovered from driving hangover and saw this message and thought one day was quick to fill up for group of 10 so Wales must be very popular adventure

We spent the weekend sorting a route for this weekend. Just to say wow I hope you guys don't mind heights....

There will be lots of gates to open and shut so please expect to help out or move passengers around in vehicles to help.

A handbrake or park will definatly be needed. The terrain is pretty sketchy in places so make sure you are prepared for that.

This will be a good weekend to test your ability a few really good obstacles but a normal vehicle should make it up with some thought.

Now camping wise I planed on using cocos camping but this is a working sheep farm. Well behaved dogs are welcome and MUST be on a lead and MUST be under your control. If you can't control them you will be asked to leave. I would certainly like to use this campsite again.

The cost is £10 per adult a night and there is composting toilet with no running water and no showers.

It will be a great weekend any questions shout.

Regards

Stu

Is there camping fri evening or just Sat. Will we be able to have an off the floor fire pit? Do we have a Postcode or What3words location?

Hi Andy you can stay when ever you like... its a normal campsite. So if you want to make a week of it you may. I will be there Friday for a early start Saturday...

Post code is LD1 5TN

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good afternoon slight change of venue for the better.

I have booked this campsite as the facilities are better and they are right on the river so some evening entertainment.

Its £15 per pitch 1 landcruiser is 1 pitch. Trailer or tent is included. They are also providing us fire wood for the weekend if we all turn up which I thought was pretty good.
Boatside Caravan and Camping, Builth Wells - Updated 2023 prices - Pitchup® - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Please can you all also send me ypu real names, phone number (if I don't have it) and registration numbers so I can ask permission to drive part of a track.

Cheers stu

I’ve been looking at the list…. I am going to have the least capable vehicle with longest wheelbase, poor departure angle, open diffs and AT tyres…. None of this makes for the best vehicle to lead with.

So if anyone else is willing to lead the group please step forward, I can ride shotgun if anyone would like instead. I just think I’ll hold the group back in the 78 (shame I don’t have the 70 or the FJ any longer).

If no one is willing I of course won’t leave you in the campsite!

I've got an empty passenger seat at the moment

Last edited:
I don't think you will have any problems to be honest Sarah. The bomb hole on strata has a bypass route beside it. The rest I'm sure won't bother you at all

Please can I have all you details ASAP i have only had 4 sent and we have a group of 10. This needs to happen ASAP to get permission to do a route and they will need some time and pushing with a group this size.

Thanks

If people wanted to come along and camp they are also most welcome. We are looking like having our own field so plenty of room.

Beginning to wonder if I'll ever make another meet. Seven months off the road and finally being taken for engine transfusion together with a refurb 1KZTE from a Surf.

Attachments

• IMG_20230420_124554_654.jpg
    IMG_20230420_124554_654.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 8
Back