Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted: 80 series towing suspension

MuckyPup

I think my back-end is a bit saggy :shock:
I'm getting a lot of bottoming with heavy towing, which is going to be a real problem soon.
Has anyone got anyhting a bit more heavy duty they've taken off for some reason ?
Don't mind STD, +30% or lifted
WHY

If you tow regularly maybe you should get some stiffer springs, and maybe a set of air bags.

i got some uprated standard height springs from milner and bought some genuine rear shock's from them aswel . . Made a huge difference to the way it towed . .

My brother must have about a 100 pairs of new air bags in his garage,,,,,,,,,,,, if your interested I can PM his number to you.

Gra.

I would suggest the Milner springs and air bag route, has worked well for others that tow.

How much are you towing - if basic small Ifor Williams then Milner springs should be fine - fitted some to an 80 up your way the other day, customer very happy with it.

Hi Gareth,
I've got a set, front & rear of OME springs available, I think they give a 2" or could be 3" lift I can't remember now. They were removed to fit a set of Dobinsons which are a bit softer.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hmm, lots to think about :think:

Trouble is i'm either empty or towing 3.5 tons
And SWMBO is a shortarse.

Never considered airbags before.........

Does anyone do uprated dampers to go with Milner springs ?
I knew I should've kept clear of forums :lol:

I have been thinking about the same thing myself regarding towing and suspention.

I run with 3.5t alot or emptyish.

I have heard millner springs arnt much cop. That isnt my opinion as i dont know. I just know i wont be buying them. On the 100 i had some of those rubber things and they made a difference.That go between the coils.

I want a small lift but something that will still allow me to tow weight safely.

I dont know the cost from towota for the shocks and springs,maybe worth a call.

Im watching this thread with interest.

Karl

Back