Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted: Front dust shields

Dan W

Garage
Hello, I'm after a pair of front dust shields for the front brakes of a 95 80 series. Mine have corroded and the rubber seal that mates with the front hubs has also failed.
Thanks very much

Rubber seal disc things are available from Milner. I got Carl to stock them. OEM form Mr T are £80 Yes I actually did say £80. WTF is that all about? £20 something from Matlock.

£80!? but...but.....little bit of rubber? I think they just think of a number and then double it to get their prices. I didn't realise the two parts were seperate, guess I didn't inspect it too closely or maybe the two have rusted together. Just have to find the dust shields now then (at least I think that's what they're called).

Yes there are two parts. There is the actual brake shield which is the large black frying pan sized thing and then the 6" metal ring with the rubber lip around the inside that is supposed to keep the crud out of the back bearing. Those are astronomically expensive.

So it's the brake shields I just have to find now then. Although it would probably be easier to cut up an actual frying pan instead and use that :D

Back