Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Was this you crossing into Bolivia?

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I've been binge watching a You Tube series by Itchy Boots. It's a Dutch girl who borrowed a Royal Enfield in India and rode it to Holland. She then picked up another, shipped it to Buenos Aires and set off for Alaska. She's just finished in Argentina, crossed Chile for one last time and high in the mountains has arrived at Bolivian border control to be greeted by this convoy.

What a sight. And I don't mean the scenery. It looks like a regular Lincomb gathering.

But where are all the Landrovers?

Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 13.10.05.jpg

Good grief there's even more of them on the other side

Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 13.19.41.jpg

That is a sight to behold.

Where are all the landrovers?

There all waiting for the new defender...

Ha ha!..

Iv been following her since she started, Till the Covid 19 Thingy stopped her in her Tracks.... Hope she can get back Travelling soon. Brave little soul she is... Its the only Girl the 'missus' doesn't mind me watching every week....

I was trying to think of one word to sum her up. I decided on 'intrepid' She just keeps going.

always on the lookout for the next youtube binge watching channel so i'll have a look. I follow quite a few sailing channels but there aren't many decent overlanding channels. The only really good one I managed to find was The Way Overland until they got arrested in Iran.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Damn it now I want a Royal Enfield Himalayan, although may wait for their 650 version.

I'd like a go on the 400 to be honest just to see how it goes. At one point she does fit a second piggy back ecu and it gives it quite a boost. But it ends up arguing with the signal from her drone so she takes it off again. Have to say it sounds really good. Nice thumper.

Being totally honest, I did think (and so did she) that she'd spend more time at the side of the road fixing it, but it's been incredible. So has the replacement one for South America. I'm not sure my fancy electronic gizmo loaded adventure bike would have lasted as long

For the money, they seem "good enough" and easy to fix. I'm very tempted to get an "adventure" bike now, not had a bike for years.

Just caught up with the final episode tonight.

always on the lookout for the next youtube binge watching channel so i'll have a look. I follow quite a few sailing channels but there aren't many decent overlanding channels. The only really good one I managed to find was The Way Overland until they got arrested in Iran.
Like these guys. Have just watched their Himalayan walk. Nice old Troopie as well.

Back