Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Weakest Link

Dark Dude

Given my recent comments about Anne "ManEater" Robinson, I was wondering what are the three biggest weakest links of LC100?

My number one would be the AHC but what would be your two and three?

Suggestions please.....

John

2. IFS - lower wishbones prone to cracking under heavy use and/or off-road conditions

3. Auto steering-wheel positioning motors.

(3.b. earlier auto boxes on the diesels also known to have issues)

Andrew Prince said:
2. IFS - lower wishbones prone to cracking under heavy use and/or off-road conditions

3. Auto steering-wheel positioning motors.

(3.b. earlier auto boxes on the diesels also known to have issues)

Agreed with the above, the auto steering wheel can be stopped just ask toyota and they can do it for you at a cost or if you in the neighbourhood pop round and i will do it for you.

You can also swap out the lower wishbones for stronger ones if you need too.

I was going to have my steering motors renewed by Greg before he went off to the mountain. Now it seems I'm going to have to pop round to Warren's for the surgery.

Shame

John

What about the inlet or exhaust manifold? Aren't they known for cracking?????

John

Dark Dude said:
I was going to have my steering motors renewed by Greg before he went off to the mountain. Now it seems I'm going to have to pop round to Warren's for the surgery.

Shame

John

No surgery required all I do is plug in my box of tricks and turn off the function to retract on taking the key out the ignition. It still leaves you full control of the steering wheel column with the little toggle on the left hand side.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
warrenpfo said:
Dark Dude said:

Shame

John

No surgery required all I do is plug in my box of tricks and turn off the function to retract on taking the key out the ignition. It still leaves you full control of the steering wheel column with the little toggle on the left hand side.

Perfect!

John

[quote="warrenpfo"No surgery required all I do is plug in my box of tricks and turn off the function to retract on taking the key out the ignition. It still leaves you full control of the steering wheel column with the little toggle on the left hand side.[/quote]

Which kit did you get for this?

I think I'd put the earlier 2 pinion front diff at No. 2 Andrew with the cracking lower wishbones some way down the list (and a very easy fix as well).

warrenpfo said:
http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13172

Refer to here

OK, the IT2. I managed to go the Techstream route. The key thing is to get into reading the live data, you can pull codes with a paper clip, but tracking and analysing the live data will prove invaluable with tracking problems.

Jon Wildsmith said:
I think I'd put the earlier 2 pinion front diff at No. 2 Andrew with the cracking lower wishbones some way down the list (and a very easy fix as well).

Jon

I HATE when you use the word "easy"! :cool:

John

Back