Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Weifang part 2

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
As I said before, Weifang is where the Chinese first made kites, some thousands of years ago.
Every year, to commemorate this Weifang holds a “Kite Festival day” on the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] weekend of April every year.
23_zps52721c6a.jpg

Another picture of “Rainbow Bridge” I am sure I have posted this before, this is one of the bridges over the Bailang River, and this road is Shengli Dongjie, the same road as the Bank of China and “Kite Square” is on in the other post.
22_zps983e04d4.jpg

Some road a little out of down town, but still the local government make the traffic islands attractive and interesting.
16_zps49879938.jpg

I am not quite sure the idea behind this lighthouse, as it is way inland, on on of Weifang’s other rivers called Shangyu River.
15_zpsfe2c9f76.jpg

A dusk shot of some part of Weifang, Weifang is really quite expansive, and covers many many sqare kilometres. I don’t know where this is, but it is looking at one of Weifang's amusement parks, called Fuwah.
14_zps71a08851.jpg
Well, fireworks need no introduction, and many events and holidays, are celebrated with massive firework displays.
This is looking at "Kite Square"
11_zps6b5852ba.jpg

10_zps2364290d.jpg

7_zpsd13db3f0.jpg

Gra.

Interesting pictures Gra. I assume you speak Chinese, if not how do you get by?

Interesting pictures Gra. I assume you speak Chinese, if not how do you get by?
Hi Mike, I speak a little bit of Chinese, but not enough to get by with.
I can understand some conversations, by picking out words that I know.
My wife is Chinese which does make things just sooooooooooooooooo easy for me.

Gra.

Great pics Gra.

And I haven't learned Romanian for the same reason ... (almost the same reason, but my wife's not Chinese...:icon-confused::icon-confused:)

Back