Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Welcome back

I got the drag and drop bit to work... and apologies for the size...

Hopefully this will help people... if someone can do a neater set of destructions then that would be great

Land Cruiser explanation.png

Karl,

To reply to my post means you're quoting it - as you did above.
To click on the "quote" button means you're adding it to a list of quotes. Then, in the box below where you type, there is a "Insert quotes" button.

There is now a button up top, next to the "new posts" called "recent posts". Hopefully this helps?
I think that will help Crispin, but where is the button we previously had where you could see your own previous threads and posts?

Chas, click on your user name and then in the drop down menu that appears there is a button for 'Your Content' that seems to do what your asking

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I did put one in but for some silly reason it's misbehaving. It just opens up another window. I've removed for now but have it on my list of things to do.

Ah, ok thanks. Having seen it elsewhere on XenForo I thought it was part of it and just needed to be turned on.

Having tried to use the site now from the phone, i haveto say the overall experience is a 2.5 to 3 on 10. The css is all over the place, the alerts will destroy posts ( or not really, just on the device), the upload images is a hit and miss. But more importantly the native app and response times on tapatalk really made it trivial top track the forum, all that is gone. The rss feed also seems broken, aside from adding random threads repeatedly.

on a regular browser on the machine, things look fine - and it looks much better than the old forum! for sure, but the mobile experience without tapatalk is massively impacted. Is there something else that might be used instead ?

I think that will help Crispin, but where is the button we previously had where you could see your own previous threads and posts?
Chas, I've been looking for that - is what MarkW suggests what you're after? I have posted a question on the company's site asking where someting like this is as it seems trivial.

Ah, ok thanks. Having seen it elsewhere on XenForo I thought it was part of it and just needed to be turned on.
Where? It might well be (there are thousands of levers behind the scenes - I pull and push them to see what happens but something nothing.

Having tried to use the site now from the phone, i haveto say the overall experience is a 2.5 to 3 on 10. The css is all over the place, the alerts will destroy posts ( or not really, just on the device), the upload images is a hit and miss. But more importantly the native app and response times on tapatalk really made it trivial top track the forum, all that is gone. The rss feed also seems broken, aside from adding random threads repeatedly.
Which phone are you using? I see phones with a lower resolution do show up grim - CSS has a tough time. I need to look at that.
I've been, on purpose, using the phone more than I used to and posting, editing etc and I can honestly say it's miles ahead of where it was and is certainly perfectly usable on the phone. A very slick process. That is of course, if it's displaying on the phone as it is intended.

@GeekOKent
Works wonderfully on Xperia 3 compact. Best forum ever seen on a small screen.

Chas, I've been looking for that - is what MarkW suggests what you're after? I have posted a question on the company's site asking where someting like this is as it seems trivial.

Where? It might well be (there are thousands of levers behind the scenes - I pull and push them to see what happens but something nothing.

Which phone are you using? I see phones with a lower resolution do show up grim - CSS has a tough time. I need to look at that.
I've been, on purpose, using the phone more than I used to and posting, editing etc and I can honestly say it's miles ahead of where it was and is certainly perfectly usable on the phone. A very slick process. That is of course, if it's displaying on the phone as it is intended.

Am on a note 4. Tried chrome and firefox,

I think compared with the previous site, it is much better. But compared with tapatalk its quite a dive.

Simple example, if i keep typing in reply to a thread... as i am now doing. .. the screen didn't scroll down. Do i have no idea what text is going in since i can't see it. Getting to the post button involves escaping the keyboard. Scrolling down manually.

Twice now is been a case of lost post since the javascript is also trying to tap the back button, which is also the escape key to get out of the text entry window.

Regards

Am on a note 4. Tried chrome and firefox,

I think compared with the previous site, it is much better. But compared with tapatalk its quite a dive.

Simple example, if i keep typing in reply to a thread... as i am now doing. .. the screen didn't scroll down. Do i have no idea what text is going in since i can't see it. Getting to the post button involves escaping the keyboard. Scrolling down manually.

Twice now is been a case of lost post since the javascript is also trying to tap the back button, which is also the escape key to get out of the text entry window.

Regards
What's the resolution of that screen? http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/

Yes, the text-box not scrolling has been mentioned - it's on my list of things to solve.

Mine is 360 x 640.
It's very crispin this size.

@GeekOKent
What if you force desktop version? On my chrome, I have a tick box 'Request desktop size'.

Back